Apple Cobbler With Pecans is an old recipe from my grandma. Lightly sweetened cinnamon apples: topped with a light and fluffy cake then sprinkled with pecans. Drizzle a generous amount of my caramel sauce on it before serving. It is sweet and heavenly with every bite.
Apple Cobbler with Pecans, Apple buckle, Apple Pie, and apple crisp. So many ways to enjoy apples. I love the cooler days of fall when I can heat up the house a bit with a warm oven. Actually, I don’t know what I like better the warmth or the delicious smell of apples and cinnamon baking in the oven. My two favorite flavors of fall are pumpkin spice and apple-cinnamon. YUM, I can’t wait to enjoy this recipe with a cup of pumpkin spice coffee.
Apple Cobbler With Pecans, Step by Step Insructions:
- Pre-cook the apples: Prep and pre-cook the apples. Peel, core, slice and pan-fry the apples in butter for several minutes. Add some flour, apple pie spice, and a little lemon juice.
- Make the Topping: Mix the ingredients for the topping altogether. Beat in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes.
Bake: Put the apples in the bottom of an 8 X 8-inch baking pan. Pour the topping over the apples and sprinkle with pecans. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes. If you see the top is getting browned before the cobbler is done, loosely tent the pan with foil to keep the top from getting too dark.
- Cool and Serve: Cool the Apple Cobbler With Pecans for 30 minutes before serving. Just before serving, drizzle caramel sauce over the caramel. I love caramel, so I am very generous with the drizzling. Purchase caramel ice cream topping or make your own caramel. Click Here for an easy and delicious caramel sauce
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 8 X 8-inch baking pan
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs peeled, cored, and sliced apples (900g)
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar(50g)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 ounces butter (1 stick)(113g) melted
- ½ cup half and half(113g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar(99G)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans(57g)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the apples to the butter and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the rest of the Cobbler Base ingredients.
- Place in an 8X8 inch baking pan.
- Mix the baking powder into the flour and then add all of the cobbler topping ingredients (except the pecans) to the flour.
- Mix with an electric or stand mixer until smooth. About 1 minute
- Pour over the apples in the baking dish. Sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. If the top is getting too brown, loosely tent with foil.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce on top.