Artichoke and Sausage Egg Bake – Vegetarian, is made with plant-based protein sausage. Light and savory on the inside with a cheesy topping. It’s quiche without the crust. YUM! Serve it with my Homemade Challah Bread French Toast or my so easy no-knead Lemon Bubble Bread.
What Do I Need to Make Artichoke and Sausage Egg Bake?
This artichoke and sausage egg bake uses a plant-based protein sausage in place of pork sausage. I love the new plant-based meat substitutes. They cook up similar to meat and I can substitute the amounts one for one in my meat-based recipes.
For the artichokes, I used two 6 oz. jars of marinated artichoke hearts. I love using sharp cheddar cheese for this recipe, however, feel free to experiment with different types of cheese. Be sure you use a firm cheese that can be grated like the cheddar.
Here are the steps for making this delicious Artichoke Sausage Egg Bake – vegetarian.
- Cut the sausage into coins and brown them up. Then saute the onions in the fat left in the pan after browning the sausage. Add the garlic during the last minute.
2. Combine the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk well to combine.
3. Add the artichoke hearts, sauteed onions, and browned sausage. Stir to combine
4. Pour into a greased 11 X 7-inch baking pan. Bake 350-degrees for 25 – 30 minutes or until the center is set.
5. Cut into squares and serve hot.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, see what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments so let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 11 X 7-inch baking pan
- 8 oz Italian Sausage links plant-based protien (200grams) cut into coins
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 eggs large
- 1½ cups Half and Half (340 grams)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 12 oz marinated artichoke hearts jarred, drain and cut into small 1/2 inch pieces
- ½ lb grated cheddar cheese (226 grams) sharp
- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Brown the sausage coins on medium heat. Once the sausage is browned, remove it from the pan and saute the onions in the fat left in the pan from the sausage. Saute the onions until soft and lightly browned. Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Whisk the eggs by hand in a mixing bowl. Add the half and half, salt, pepper, sauteed onions with garlic, browned sausage, and artichoke hearts. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture in a greased 11 X 7-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the center is set. Cut into 10 pieces and serve hot.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Pingback: Fresh Peach, Cinnamon Chip Scones - Grow with Doctor Jo
Pingback: Brown Butter Pancakes with Sheet Pan Berries - Grow with Doctor Jo