Avocado and grapefruit salad: creamy avocado and juicy grapefruit come together in this fresh and easy salad with a citrus vinaigrette dressing.
Avocado and grapefruit salad.
Two of my sisters (there are 7 of us) recently came to our place in Southern Florida for a visit. Southern Florida in February is one of the best places in the continental USA to be if you like warm sunny days and beautiful beaches with that warm tropical surf. When we have visitors, I love to show off a bit and visit the local farmer’s markets for lots of fresh vegetables and tropical fruit. Two of my favorite purchases are big juicy sweet Florida ruby red grapefruit and Florida avocados. Florida avocados are amazing. The pit of a Florida avocado is as big as a medium Haas avocado. For this salad, I only used 1/2 of an avocado. An avocado this big needs a great avocado slicer. Check out Shop my Kitchen or click here. Each avocado weighs a full pound. That’s a lot of avocado. If you can’t find this beauty, purchase 2 medium Haas avocados.
What is in Avocado and Grapefruit Salad?
This salad has as the stars, of course, avocado and grapefruit. The dressing is citrus vinaigrette with lemon, lime, and orange juice mixed with a little vinegar and olive oil. So fresh tasting and light. Finish with a garnish of cilantro, fresh ground sea salt, and pepper. This salad is ready to serve. Enjoy it’s fresh, bright, taste on a chilly winter day. If it’s cold and flu season, the vitamin C in the grapefruit are a great way to boost your immunity.
Watch this video for my SIS, simple is smart, way to peel, and section grapefruit. If you enjoy eating grapefruit for breakfast, this SIS method is a perfect way to start your day.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 2 avocados Haas (see notes)
- 1 grapefruit large or 2 medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh-squeezed
- 2 tsp orange juice fresh-squeezed
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro garnish
- ¼ lime
- Peel and section the grapefruit as demonstrated in the video
- Slice the avocado.
- Arrange the grapefruit sections and avocado slices on a plate.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, orange juice, vinegar, and olive oil. Drizzle over the salad.
- Garnish with the cilantro.
- Salt and Pepper to taste, squeeze ¼ of a lime over the salad prior to serving.