Bacon-wrapped mini hotdog appetizers – easy to make, but long on crowd appeal, with sweet crispy bacon wrapped around a lil smokie, always a crowd favorite.
Every time I make these bacon-wrapped mini hotdog appetizers, they disappear off the plate. I end up wishing I made more. Last time I made them for a party, I made double the amount I usually make, thinking it would be nice to have some leftovers. No such luck, they all disappeared, and Farmer Fred was disappointed to learn his favorite appetizer was gone. I have come to the conclusion that this is one appetizer that will never become leftovers. It is that good!!!
How To Make these Mini Hot Dog Appetizers.
These appetizers are so quick and straightforward to make. Start by wrapping the Lil smokies in 1/4 of a piece of bacon. Secure the bacon to the dog with a toothpick. Shake them up with brown sugar, then drizzle with some real maple syrup. Bake these little pups until they are browned and crispy. Watch them fly or maybe roll off the serving plate.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 48 Lil smokies
- 12 bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cut each piece of bacon into 4 pieces.
- wrap each Lil smokie with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick
- Put the brown sugar in a ziplock quart bag. Add the bacon-wrapped Lil smokies a few at a time to the bag and gently shake to coat with the brown sugar.
- Place each bacon-wrapped Lil smokie on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the real maple syrup.
- Bake at 400°F until the bacon on the mini hotdogs is crispy and browned. About 10 minutes.