Chicken Salad – This recipe is super easy when you purchase a rotisserie chicken from your local supermarket. The meat is super moist and flavorful. This salad makes a quick and easy lunch today.
Best Chicken Salad – SIS (simple is smart) secret revealed. Drum Roll, Please! The secret is don’t roast or cook the chicken breast. Purchase a rotisserie chicken and use the meat for the chicken salad. I know, I gave it away in the prior paragraph. However, the chicken salad made with a rotisserie chicken is so good that I don’t mind telling you twice.
Now, full disclosure. The recipe is from my daughter. From time to time, we get a group of girlfriends together for an afternoon of tea, scones, and finger sandwiches. This chicken salad sandwich is now a must include on the sandwich menu.
What goes into the Best Chicken Salad?
The rotisserie chicken (of course), celery, mayo, a little dijon mustard and parsley. A SIS (simple is smart)salad. It is so easy and also delicious.
Easy Steps for the Best Chicken Salad:
- Remove the meat from the chicken bones. Chop it into small pieces.
- Chop the celery to your desired size and add it to the chicken meat. Farmer Fred likes his celery chopped into itsy bitsy pieces.
- Add the mayo, Dijon, and parsley.
- Mix all together, cover, and let the flavors all blend for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve as a salad, Stuff it into a Pita Bread or eat it in a sandwich.
However you eat it, you will wish you had made more. It is that good.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 1 purchased rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Pick the meat off from the bones of the rotisserie chicken and cut into small pieces.
- add the chopped celery, mayo, mustard, and parsley. Mix all together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This salad is best if it is refrigerated for several hours before serving.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Chicken Soup with Tri-Color Pasta - Grow with Doctor Jo