Beyond Meat Homemade Burger is a Vegan Burger with chimichurri ingredients added to the beyond meat burger. It’s topped with sauteed cabbage and onion and has my special sauce.
I cooked a Premade Beyond burger the other day and decided that some improvement was required. It was ok, but when I saw a package of Beyond Meat burger, I knew that it was just what I needed to take the Beyond Burger to the next level and beyond! Bada Boom!
The burger has chimichurri ingredients added. For a topper, the fried burger is topped with a big slice of garden tomato and sauteed cabbage and onions. The bread is a freshly toasted hard roll slathered with my special sauce. Now that’s a Beyond Meat homemade burger!!
Make the Beyond Meat Homemade Burgers.
The chimichurri ingredients are loosely based on the ingredients of Argentina’s chimichurri sauce. Red peppers, onions, cilantro, steak sauce, dried oregano, and garlic. Mince these ingredients up very fine and stir them into the beyond burger hamburger meat. A pound of Beyond Meat burger is enough for four people. The chimichurri ingredients will make the uncooked burgers very soft. Fry the burgers instead of grilling them. If you want to grill them, try freezing or refrigerating them first. Cook the burgers for 2 minutes a side on medium heat. Once cooked, they are firm and similar to the texture of a beef hamburger.
Make the Sauteed Cabbage and Onions and the Special Sauce.
Saute thin sliced cabbage and onions in butter. For Vegans, use a vegetable spread or oil. Click on this link to read my blog on Sauteed Cabbage and Onions.
The special sauce is made with vegan dressings like vegenaise or mayonnaise if you aren’t vegan, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, and Worchester sauce. Guys, make extra sauce. Seriously, it is that good! Any leftover sauce is excellent as a dip for french fries or topping on vegetables. Or in egg salad.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 4 burger buns
- 1 lb hamburger Vegan Beyond Meat Burger
- 2 tbsp steak sauce
- 2 tbsp red bell peppers finely minced
- 2 tbsp onion finely minced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp jalapeno pepper optional finely minced
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tomato large ripe
- ½ cup mayonnaise vegenaise if vegan
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
Sauteed Cabbage and Onions
- 4 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups onions thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp butter or vegetable spread
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the burger, red peppers, onions, garlic, steak sauce, cilantro, oregano, and optional jalapeno. Form into 4 patties. Refrigerate patties or freeze to firm them up and keep the patties from falling apart.
Sauteed Cabbage and Onions
- Saute the cabbage and onions in the butter or vegetable spread until just slightly soft.
- Mix together the mayonnaise (or vegenaise), ketchup, Worchester sauce, sweet pickle relish.
- Fry the burgers two minutes a side over medium heat.
- Toast the Rolls until just warm and spread each side with special sauce
- Place a burger on the bottom half of a roll, and top with a slice of tomato.
- Add 1/2 cup sauteed cabbage and onions and top with the top half of the roll.
This Post Has 19 Comments
Recipe seems very tempting. I am making it tonight.
Some of my family are vegans and they all love this recipe. Let me know how it turns out.
Nice recipe 🙂 I like the freezer idea, this stuff really just falls apart! Thanks for the advice and the recipe!
Added a few other seasonings (didn’t use tomato) formed the patties and put them right in the pan (hadn’t read the freezer tip). The burgers held together well and taste great! Want to compare with the preformed Beyond patties. Will definitely make again. Thanks!
Awesome suggestions. Thanks
This is my go to when I have beyond mince. Best burgers I’ve ever had (and believe me I have had a few)
Thank you: I’m glad you love this recipe
So……dinner is sorted tonight then
Super and Yes!
I’m confused as I keep looking up how to make a beyond burger and one of the ingredients is consistently a beyond burger….
I’m not looking for how to prepare a beyond burger. I want to know how to make the burger.
Great question: I think that information is a trade secret of the company that makes the burger.
There s no cilantro in chimichurri bra. 6 chopped Bay leafs a head of garlic a soup spoon of pepper ((ground chilli and oregano )1/4 of the jar ) cover up tohalf of the jar with sunflower oil alcohol vinegar 1/4 of the jar
I wanted a different recipe for being meat in this rainy day and stumbled across this postfix burger recipe. They were quite delicious, fast and easy to make. I paired the burgers with sweet potatoes fries. The cabbage topping I will be using this frequently! Great recipe. Thank you!!🍔
I’m glad you found this recipe delicious. We love the cabbage topping as a side dish also.
Dying to make this this evening. I was stumped by the ingredient “red pepper” – thought maybe u meant red bell, but now I think u meant red chilis or even red pepper flakes. Anyhoo, thx!
The red pepper is red bell peppers. Enjoy and let me know how it turns out.
Pingback: Homemade Sesame Hamburger Rolls - Grow with Doctor Jo