Beyond Meat Homemade Burger is a Vegan Burger with chimichurri ingredients added to the beyond meat burger. It’s topped with sauteed cabbage and onion and has my own special sauce.
I cooked a Premade Beyond burger the other day and decided that some improvement was required. It was ok, but when I saw a package of Beyond Meat burger I knew that it was just what I needed to take the Beyond Burger to the next level and beyond! Bada Boom !
The burger has chimichurri ingredients added. The fried burger is topped with a big slice of garden tomato and sauteed cabbage and onions for a topper. The bread is a freshly toasted hard roll slathered with my special sauce. Now that’s a Beyond Meat homemade burger!!
Make the Beyond Meat Homemade Burgers.
The chimichurri ingredients are loosely based on the ingredients of Argentina’s chimichurri sauce. Red peppers, onions, cilantro, steak sauce, dried oregano, and garlic, Mince these ingredients up very fine and stir them into the beyond burger hamburger meat. A pound of beyond meat burger is enough for 4 people. The chimichurri ingredients will make the uncooked burgers very soft. Fry the burgers instead of grilling them. If you want to grill them, try freezing or refrigerating them first. Cook the burgers 2 minutes a side on medium heat. Once cooked they are firm and similar to the texture of a beef hamburger.
Make the Sauteed Cabbage and Onions, and the Special Sauce.
Saute thin sliced cabbage and onions in butter. For Vegan use a vegetable spread or oil. Click on this link to read my blog on Sauteed Cabbage and Onions.
The special sauce is vegenaise or mayonnaise if you aren’t vegan, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, and worchester sauce. Guys, make extra sauce. Seriously, it is that good! Any leftover sauce is great as a dip for french fries, topping on vegetables. or in egg salad.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 4 burger buns
- 1 lb hamburger Vegan Beyond Meat Burger
- 2 tbsp steak sauce
- 2 tbsp red bell peppers finely minced
- 2 tbsp onion finely minced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp jalapeno pepper optional finely minced
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tomato large ripe
- ½ cup mayonnaise vegenaise if vegan
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
Sauteed Cabbage and Onions
- 4 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups onions thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp butter or vegetable spread
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the burger, red peppers, onions, garlic, steak sauce, cilantro, oregano, and optional jalapeno. Form into 4 patties. Refrigerate patties or freeze to firm them up and keep the patties from falling apart.
Sauteed Cabbage and Onions
- Saute the cabbage and onions in the butter or vegetable spread until just slightly soft.
- Mix together the mayonnaise (or vegenaise), ketchup, Worchester sauce, sweet pickle relish.
- Fry the burgers two minutes a side over medium heat.
- Toast the Rolls until just warm and spread each side with special sauce
- Place a burger on the bottom half of a roll, and top with a slice of tomato.
- Add 1/2 cup sauteed cabbage and onions and top with the top half of the roll.