Broccoli Quiche – Vegetarian is rich and cheesy with lots of good for you broccoli. Great for a brunch or lunch. Make ahead and freeze either baked or unbaked.
Broccoli Quiche – Vegetarian This recipe is compliments of a good friend, Megan. This is the quiche that she would bring whenever we would get together with friends for tea. The quiche always managed to disappear before the tea was over, much to my disappointment. I finally asked Megan for the recipe so I could make it anytime I was in the mood for a delicious, hot, and cheesy quiche.
What Do I Need To Make Broccoli Quiche -Vegetarian?
In addition to an unbaked pie crust, you will need only 4 ingredients. Milk, eggs, broccoli, and cheese. Quiche is one of those dishes that looks like it is hard to make. After all, quiche is French cuisine, and French cuisine is synonymous with delicious and a lot of work to make.
So what exactly is quiche? It’s a savory egg-based tart or pie that is baked in a pastry shell. Now, you don’t have to make your own pastry shell. I do recommend it, though. If you want a great recipe for an easy pastry crust, check out my No Fail Pie Crust Recipe by clicking here.
If making your own pastry crust is not for you that’s ok, go ahead and purchase a ready-made unbaked pie shell. BTW this quiche is simple and easy!
How Do I Make This Simple and Easy Broccoli Quiche – Vegetarian?
- Make and blind bake (click here) for the blog and video on how to blind bake the pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan. Blind bake means you bake the crust only halfway. For this quiche, I baked it for 10 minutes at 350- degrees F.
- Lightly steam the broccoli – it should still be crunchy – and add to the half baked pie shell.
- Whisk the eggs into the milk and add the cheese. (salt and pepper to taste) Pour mixture over the broccoli.
- Bake and Eat. YUM!
- Quiche can be made ahead and frozen, either baked or unbaked. If unbaked, defrost in the refrigerator overnight. If baked, reheat from frozen for 30 minutes at 350-degrees F.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 9 inch pie dish
- ½ head broccoli lightly steamed
- 1 pie crust blind-baked
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roll out and position either a purchased or homemade piecrust (click here) for my recipe for a Flaky No-Fail Pied Crust recipe.
- Blind Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. (click here) for how to blind-bake a pie crust.
- Arrange slightly steamed broccoli in the bottom of the pie plate, On top of the blind baked pie crust.
- Combine eggs, milk, and cheese. Mix eggs and milk well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg, milk, cheese mixture over the broccoli in the pie shell.
- Cover edge of the piecrust with a pie shield to prevent over-browning. Bake 350°F for 40 - 45 minutes or until the center is just set.
This Post Has One Comment
Outstanding! A fail-safe recipe my family loves!