Buffalo Chicken Dip is easy, loaded with three kinds of cheese and chicken. A buffalo blue cheese dressing adds the perfect amount of heat.
What is a Buffalo Chicken Dip?
This is a baked cheesy dip that will keep you coming back for more, and more, and more, until it is all gone. That’s how good it is. Frank’s hot sauce adds the heat, mix it with cool creamy blue cheese dressing for an extra creaminess. Scoop it up with some baked crackers. Delish!!!
Let’s gather the ingredients:
This dip is all about the cheese. The would-be cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and a creamy blue cheese dressing. Add in some rotisserie chicken that is chopped or shredded. Now for the heat, level up the flavor and the heat with some Frank’s Red Hot sauce. The secret ingredient is chopped celery; after all, all buffalo chicken needs some celery to counteract the heat.
Let’s Make the Dip.
- Spread the softened cream cheese in the bottom of an 8 inch round or square baking pan.
- Mix the blue cheese dressing, hot sauce, celery, shredded chicken, half of the grated cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese and mix.
- Add the mixture on top of the cream cheese in the baking dish.
- Top with the rest of the grated cheese and bake at 375 degrees until hot, melted, and lightly browned on the top.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese (227g)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken. (280g)
- ⅓ cup diced celery (50g)
- 2 whole scallions (white bottom part only) save the tops for garnish. thinly sliced
- ¾ cup blue cheese dressing (115ml)
- ⅓ cup Franks red, hot sauce (75ml)
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles(35g)
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (60g) split into 2 equal parts. Use one part in the dip and the rest on the top.
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese (60g) split into 2 equal parts. Use one part in the dip and the rest on the top.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Spread the softened cream cheese in the bottom of an 8-inch round or square glass baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken, celery, scallion bottoms, blue cheese dressing, hot sauce, blue cheese crumbles, half of the cheddar and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread over the cream cheese in the baking pan.
- Top with the remaining grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the hot in the center and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with the thinly sliced green onion tops and serve with your favorite dipping cracker or chip.