Challah Bread French Toast made with my No-Knead Challah Bread recipe is perfect for breakfast. Top it with fresh berries and warm maple syrup for a special occasion or brunch.
This Challah Bread French Toast is for that leisurely Spring day breakfast with family or friends. This is not a “grab and go,” breakfast. This french toast requires the time to sit and savor the combination of flavors. The fresh berries taste slightly tart when eaten with the so sweet real maple syrup. Yes, you do need real maple syrup for this meal. Aunt Jemima should not be invited! The french toast is quick and simple to make. So pull up a chair, sit, relax, enjoy, and savor.
What Do I Need to Make Challah Bread French Toast?
This is a 5 ingredient meal. (not counting the fresh fruit) Make the Challah bread the day before using my No-Knead Challah Bread Recipe. (click here for recipe) No time to bake, then purchasing a loaf is perfectly ok. To make the egg dip, you will need eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and maple syrup.
How do I make the Challah bread french toast?
Mix the eggs with the cinnamon, vanilla, and maple syrup. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add a little oil to the pan. Dip the sliced Challah bread in the mixture to coat. Fry the egg covered bread on medium until both sides are a golden brown and the egg mixture inside is set.
I am soo hungry looking at that stack of Challah bread french toast. YUM! Make sure you dress up the french toast before serving. Warm the maple syrup and dust the slices of french toast with some powdered sugar. Top with fresh ripe berries and warm maple syrup. Add a dollop of whipped cream if you are in a decadent mood. Now, where is that cup of freshly brewed coffee? Let’s all sit down and enjoy it!
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices Challah Bread ((click here) for my N0-KNEAD Challah bread recipe.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup + more for serving
- 1/2 cup berries fresh
- powdered sugar for decoration
- Add the cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla to the 2 eggs and whisk to mix
- Preheat a frying pan on medium and add a small amount of oil to the bottom of the pan.
- Coat the Challah bread by briefly soaking it in the egg mixture.
- Fry the egg dipped Challah Bread on medium heat until the egg is set and the outside is a golden brown.
- Serve immediately topped with some powdered sugar, fresh fruit, and warm maple syrup