This Charred Corn Salad with Grilled Summer Vegetables is a mid-summer veggie salad with charred corn, roasted red peppers, grilled squash, eggplant, and cherry tomatoes. YUM, what a great way to enjoy the bounty of a mid-summer garden. Serve this salad with some pizza made from my homemade pizza dough.
My garden is on overdrive right now. Everyday Farmer Fred goes out in the morning to pick the ripe vegetables in the garden. I love seeing what shows up in my kitchen from the morning picking. Today it is corn on the cob, red bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, and eight cucumbersC
I am looking at all that goodness so many possible ways to eat, cook, and enjoy this bountiful harvest today. All the fresh veggies are why I love summer so much. Well, it could also be because it is warm. I love warm sunny days. These are the days when I can walk through my flower gardens barefoot enjoying the scent of the lilies and flowers. I digress with my daydreams.
What to do, what to do with today’s garden harvest. Hmmm – let’s see – it is hot and I don’t want to heat the kitchen with a hot stove and oven. I know I’ll cook something on the BBQ grill. I’ll grill some corn until it is smokey and charred, Roast a couple of red peppers, grill up some zucchini and eggplant, add some fresh herbs, and toss in the cherry tomatoes. Dress it with a light dressing of garlic-infused olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and Wah-la-Done!! A delicious fresh grilled vegetable salad for lunch.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s daily pictures of what’s new in my gardens or what new recipe I’m creating in my kitchen. Make sure you click the like button, share and subscribe. I love your comments, so let me know what you think.
- bbq or grill pan
- 2 ears Corn
- 1 Pepper red
- 1 Zucchini medium
- 1 yellow squash medium
- ¼ Eggplant small
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for roasting so want high smoke point oil
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley
- 2 tbps Oregano fresh minced or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp Basil fresh minced or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp Thyme fresh minced or 1/2 tsp dry
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar aged/good quality
- To change the number of serving: hover the mouse over the number of servings, a slider will pop up. The slider can be adjusted up or down. This will automatically recalculate and adjust the amount of each ingredient for you.
- Grill the corn until some of the kernels are charred in the grill pan. On the BBQ you can leave the husk on. Cut the corn off the cob once it is charred and cooled. Put in a large bowl.
- Roast the red pepper, peel, remove the seeds and membranes and dice. Add to the corn.
- Roast the zucchini and eggplant. Put in a glass dish and add herbs to veggies. Cover to let the herbs steam and wilt for 30 minutes
- Chop the zucchini and eggplant, add to the corn.
- Add the cherry tomatoes
- Add the garlic olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.