This Charred Corn Salad with Grilled Summer Vegetables is a mid-summer veggie salad with charred corn, roasted red peppers, grilled squash, eggplant, and cherry tomatoes. YUM, what a great way to enjoy the bounty of a mid-summer garden. Serve this salad with a fresh baguette.
My garden is on overdrive right now. Everyday Farmer Fred goes out in the morning to pick the ripe vegetables in the garden. I love seeing what shows up in my kitchen from the morning picking. Today it is corn on the cob, red bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
I am looking at all that goodness so many possible ways to eat, cook, and enjoy this bountiful harvest today. All the fresh veggies are why I love summer so much. Well, it could also be because it is warm. I love warm sunny days. These are the days when I can walk through my flower gardens barefoot enjoying the scent of the lilies and flowers. I digress with my daydreams.
What to do, what to do with today’s garden harvest. Hmmm – let’s see – it is hot and I don’t want to heat the kitchen with a hot stove and oven. I know I’ll cook something on the BBQ grill. I’ll grill some corn until it is smokey and charred, Roast a red peppers, grill up some zucchini and eggplant on the BBQ or in a grill pan on the stove. Add some fresh herbs, and toss in the cherry tomatoes. Dress it with a light dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add some salt and pepper to taste and Wah-la Done!! A delicious charred corn salad with grilled summer veggies for lunch.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- bbq or grill pan
- 2 ears Corn
- 1 Pepper roasted red
- 1 Zucchini medium
- 1 yellow squash medium
- ¼ Eggplant small
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or a high smoke point oil for roasting
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley
- 2 tbps Oregano fresh minced or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp Basil fresh minced or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp Thyme fresh minced or 1/2 tsp dry
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar aged/good quality is best if you have it.
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Grill the corn until some of the kernels are charred in the grill pan. On the BBQ you can leave the husk on. Cut the corn off the cob once it is charred and cooled. Put in a large bowl.
- Roast the red pepper (click here for how to roast red peppers), peel, remove the seeds and membranes and dice. Add to the corn.
- Slice and grill the squash and eggplant until fork tender. Once they are grilled, put them in a glass dish and add the fresh minced herbs. Cover the dish for 30 minutes to steam and wilt the herbs.
- Chop the roasted squash and eggplant, add to the corn.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.