Chicken and Apple in Naan with a Honey Mustard Dressing is fresh, clean eating, and so simple to make with leftover homemade Naan.
What Do You Need For Chicken and Apple in Naan Sandwich?
This sandwich is a chicken and apple salad that is stuffed into a folded piece of Naan. I use a homemade honey mustard dressing. However, if you like more savory than sweet, use a mayonnaise-based dressing for the sandwich.
Apples: The apples can be sweet or tart, grated, chopped or thinly sliced.
Chicken: Use a chicken breast, or if you are making this for more than 2-3 people, you may want to use a rotisserie chicken. I love the simplicity of using a rotisserie chicken.
Honey Mustard Dressing: Honey, Dijon Mustard, seasoning, olive oil.
Optional Ingredients: Celery (Farmer Fred’s Favorite), walnuts or pecans, grapes.
Lettuce: Romaine or Red lettuce, No iceberg, please.
Here is How to Make Chicken and Apple In Naan:
This recipe is another SIS (simple is smart) recipe. To make this sandwich:
- Make the Honey Mustard Dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together and set aside.
- Grate the apples. If you dice the apples, they are
- Grill a chicken breast or use rotisserie chicken if you have some. Dice it up.
- Chop the lettuce or leave the leaves whole.
Add a generous amount of lettuce to 1/2 of the Naan. Don’t skimp on the lettuce as it acts as a moisture barrier to the salad. If you grated the apples, they will be juicier than if you dice them. Add the salad and top with a drizzle of the honey mustard. Fold the Naan together to form the sandwich. This sandwich is best if assembled just before it is eaten.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments.The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 1 piece Homemade Naan Bread
- ¼ cup coarsely grated apple
- ½ cup diced cooked chicken. rotisserie chicken works great
- ½ cup sliced lettuce
Honey Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the Honey Mustard Dressing.
- Add the lettuce, chicken, and apples to one side of a piece of homemade Naan bread
- Drizzle with the honey mustard dressing.
- Fold the other side over the top and enjoy.