Cookie Monster Milkshake is a blueberry milkshake with chocolate cookie bits in it. It is topped with adorable mini cookie monsters, sprinkles, and lots of whipped cream. Let’s make on together.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Make it Healthy and free of Food-dyes.
Use plant-based, dye-free, all-natural colors. Click here to purchase.
Use sprinkles that are free of food dyes. Supernatural makes a variety of sprinkles that are free of food dyes. (click here to purchase)
For the eyeballs: make your own out of Royal Icing. For the pupils, color the icing black using the Jelife black color from the link above. You can make a variety of sizes for pennies with Royal icing.
What do I need for this Awesome Cookie Monster Milkshake?
This milkshake is easier than it looks. Here is what you will need.
For the coating around the top of the glass, I mixed peanut butter with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and some chocolate syrup to make it a spreadable consistency. It is topped with Monster Medley Sprinkles (click here) for where to purchase them.
The milkshake has ice cream, milk, and blue berries.
The topping is blue-tinted stabilized whipped cream mini chocolate sandwich cookies, and monster medley sprinkles.
Shake up a Cookie Monster Milkshake!!!
Make the Monster coating around the top of the glass.
Mix together peanut butter, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar. Add chocolate syrup to thin the mixture to a spreadable consistency. Spread it around the top of the glass and roll it in the Monster Medley Sprinkle mix.
Make the Stabilized Whipped Cream and Cookie Monsters.
Click here for how to make Stabilized whipped cream. You will need one cup of whipped cream (1/2 cup un-whipped whipping cream) per milkshake.
Tint the whipped cream blue with gel food coloring and put it in a pastry bag with a medium star tip (Wilton 6B).
Pipe a small amount of the tinted whipped cream onto 1/2 of a mini chocolate sandwich cookie. Top with the other half of the cookie and add 2 small eyeballs from the monster mix. Make a total of 5 cookie monsters.
Make and assemble the Milkshake.
In a powerful blender (Ninja, Blend-Tec), add vanilla ice cream, blueberries, and milk. Blend until the consistency of a thick milkshake. Add additional blue food coloring for more intense color. Stir in 1/4 of a cup of crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
Drizzle chocolate syrup down the inside of the milkshake glass. Add the milkshake to the glass and top with the blue-tinted stabilized whipped cream. Add the cookie monsters and some additional sprinkles.
Take a big refreshing sip. YUM!!!
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- monster mix sprinkles
- milkshake glass
Coating for the top of the milkshake glass.
- ¼ cup peanut butter (67g)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar(28g)
- Monster sprinkles with eyeballs
- 1½ cups vanilla ice-cream
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries(130g)
- ½ cup milk(113g)
- 1 cup stabilized whipped cream(236ml)
- 12 mini chocolate sandwich cookies crush 7 of them save 5 for the monsters on top of the milkshake.
- 1 tbsp. chocolate syrup
Coating for the top of the milkshake glass.
- Mix together the Peanut butter, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar.
- It should be the consistency of thick frosting. If needed thin it with some chocolate syrup. Spread it on the rim of the milkshake glass.
- Roll the coating in sprinkles and decorate with candy eyeballs. Put the glass in the freezer while you make the cookie monster and milkshake. (see notes for dye-free colorings)
Make the cookie monsters
- Place the whipped cream in a pastry bag with a medium star tip attached. Remove the center from a mini chocolate cookie and pie a small amount of the whipped cream onto the cookie. Top with the other half of the cookie. add 2 eyes and set aside. (see notes for dye-free food colorings)
- Make a cup of stabilized whipped cream. (click here for how) Color the whipped cream a dark blue with gel food coloring.
- Make a total of 5 cookie monsters. Put the leftover whipped cream in the refrigerator.
- In a powerful blender (ninja or Vitamix quality) put the blueberries, ice cream, and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the crushed cookie bits.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup down the inside of the milkshake glass. Immediately add the milkshake.
- Top with the blue whipped cream, add sprinkles (click here to purchase) add the cookie monsters, and a straw. Sip your awesome cookie monster milkshake.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Easy Monster Maracas - Grow with Doctor Jo