Cranberry-Raspberry Salad is the traditional salad for Christmas Eve dinner. Farmer Fred and I host about 25 people for Christmas Eve dinner every year. However this year with COVID and the social distancing it is looking like I will have salad leftover. This is my favorite Christmas eve salad and I am delighted to have enough left over to enjoy it on Christmas day also. For another Christmas Eve dinner, favorite try my Corn Souffle.
What is in Cranberry-Raspberry Salad?
Cranberry Raspberry salad recipe is from my neighbor across the street. She brings it every year for Christmas Eve Dinner. This year she isn’t coming because of COVID. So she sent over the recipe. I am so blessed to have such wonderful neighbors. The recipe is super easy and simple, another SIS (simple is smart) recipe.
You will need raspberry jello, whole cranberry sauce, canned pineapple, and some walnuts for this salad. That is all.
How do I Make Cranberry-Raspberry Salad?
- You need 6 ounces of raspberry jello, That is one large box or two small boxes. Dissolve the jello with hot water in a bowl large enough for the salad.
- Stir in the whole berry cranberry sauce.
- Drain the pineapple and add it to the jello.
- Let the jello set up for 2-3 hours in the fridge. It will be soft.
- Once the jello is set, stir it up and add the chopped nuts. The jello should be firm enough to keep the nuts, pineapple, and cranberries from settling to the bottom of the bowl.
- Chill overnight and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 6 ounces raspberry jello (200g)
- 1 can whole cranberries (435g)
- 6 ounces crushed pineapple(300g)
- 2 cups boiling water(454g)
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts (40g)
- Dissolve the raspberry jello with the hot water in a large bowl.
- Add the cranberries and pineapple. Stir to dissolve.
- Chill for 2-3 hours in the fridge.
- Add the chopped walnuts. Stir to mix. The cranberries sink to the bottom and the pineapple floats, so you want to stir it up once the jello has set up for 2 - 3 hours. Add the chopped walnuts
- Chill overnight before serving.