Creamy Gourmet Mac-and-Cheese. National cheese lover’s day is in January and what better way to celebrate than with a classic all-time favorite Mac-and-Cheese.
However, this isn’t your average mac and cheese. Oh no, this delicious dish of creamy goodness goes gourmet with the toppings. The sky’s the limit for ways to level up the taste. How about the Buffalo Blue Chicken topping? A grilled chicken breast, drizzled with buffalo sauce and smothered with blue cheese. How about some crispy bacon crumbles, or oven-roasted garlic broccoli.
This creamy gourmet mac and cheese is a no-bake recipe. In fact, it is so easy that you can make a single serving in a large mug in the microwave. Perfect for lunch at work or for the busy student. If you are making it for a crowd, cook the pasta on the stove instead of in the microwave.
Here is what you need to make the creamy gourmet mac and cheese. For a single serving:
- Uncooked small macaroni.
- Three types of cheese; cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Velveeta. I know, techno cheese. But the Velveeta cheese is what makes it so creamy.
- A little butter and half and half.
That’s it. Now you need either a large mug it a bowl to make it in.
How Do I Make the Creamy Gourmet Mac and Cheese?
This is another SIS (simple is smart) method: For a single serving.
- Cook to al-dente the pasta (2/3 of a cup of dry pasta) either in the microwave or on the stove. This will make 1 and 1/3 cups of pasta when it is cooked.
- Add the three different kinds of cheese and the half and half.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Add the toppings of your choice and enjoy.
- Make extra pasta, split it into single servings, refrigerate and use for lunch or dinner at another time.
The toppings shown here are oven-roasted broccoli with garlic. A grilled chicken breast drizzled with buffalo sauce and topped with blue cheese. Lastly, a topping of crispy bacon crumbles.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 2/3 cup uncooked small macaroni(75g)
- 3 tbsp half and half
- ½ tbsp butter
- 1 ounce grated sharp cheddar cheese(28g)
- 1 ounce grated Monterey jack cheese(28g)
- 1 ounce Velveeta cheese cut into little cubes28g
- gourmet toppings of your choice
- Cook the macaroni (al-dente) in a large microwave-safe bowl or in a kettle on the stove. Drain and place in soup bowl.
- add all of the cheeses, half and half, and butter
- microwave 1 minute. Stir and microwave 30 seconds more.
- Top with your favorite gourmet toppings.
- Top it off with:Oven-roasted garlic and broccoli with a sprinkle of parmesan garnish.Grilled asparagusBacon crumblesBuffalo blue chicken: rotisserie chicken, sliced and topped with hot sauce and blue cheese.Lobster: cut up a cooked lobster tail. The list is endless, get creative and use your imagination.