Creamy Key Lime Pie is so easy your friends will think you spent all day in the kitchen making it. The pie crust is a simple graham cracker crust with a no-bake easy and creamy filling. The taste will send you on a mini-vacay to the Florida Keys where you can enjoy a Key West favorite. A creamy Key Lime Pie. Make mini Creamy Key Lime pies for appetizers.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
SIS Tip (Simple is Smart) tip
When you store the pie in the refrigerator cover the pie by lightly spraying some plastic wrap with non-stick cooking spray and cover the pie. The spray keeps the plastic wrap from sticking to the pie.
What Goes Into the Key Lime Pie?
This pie is amazingly simple.
For the Crust:
Crushed Graham crackers, sugar, and butter. You will also need a 9-inch pie plate.
For the Pie:
Key lime juice: Fresh Key Limes are hard to find. I purchase the Key Lime Juice in a bottle. Once the bottle is opened you want to use it up within a week.
Whipping cream, cream cheese, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and key lime slices for decoration.
Make the Graham Cracker Crust:
Crush up enough Graham Cracker to make 1 1/2 cups of crumbs.
Add 6 tbsp melted butter and 1/3 cup white sugar.
Mix and press the moistened crumbs into the pie plate.
Bake for 10 minutes at 350 and set aside to cool completely.
Make the Key Lime Pie Filling:
Whip the heavy cream and the vanilla in a bowl until you have stiff peaks. Put the whipped cream in the fridge. Use a hand mixer to make the filling.
Whip the cream cheese until smooth. Then add the sweetened condensed milk while mixing on low.
Fold in the whipped cream that you set aside and mix in. Slowly add the key lime juice while mixing in on medium-low speed. The pie will thicken as you add the juice.
Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust and refrigerate for two hours or longer before serving.
Top with fresh whipped cream and garnish with a lime slice and some lime zest.
Refrigerate for 3-5 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to two months. Defrost overnight in the fridge. Top with the whipped cream and lime garnish just before serving.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. After the recipe, the comment section is down at the end of the blog. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply by name.
- 1 9-inch pie plate
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1½ cup graham cracker crumbs (170g)
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- ⅓ cup Granulated sugar.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream(160ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 ounces softened cream cheese (227g)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup Key Lime Juice
- 1½ cups Fresh Whipped Cream for serving
- 1 lime slice for garnish.
- lime zest for garnish
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven o 350°F (170°C)
- Crush enough graham crackers to make 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar to the graham cracker crumbs and mix in.
- Melt the butter and add to the crumbs. Stir until all the crumbs are moistened.
- Add the crumbs to the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Flatten the crumbs with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F (170°C) let the pie crust cool completely before filling the pie.
Key Lime Pie Filling
- Whip the heavy cream and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate.
- Whip the cream cheese with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix on medium-low until smooth and incorporated. Scrape the bowl.
- Fold in the whipping cream or mix it in at the lowest mixer speed.
- Slowly add the Key Lime Juice. Scrape the bowl and mix for 30 more seconds.
- Add the filling to the cooled graham cracker pie shell.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Top with the fresh whipped cream and garnish with a lime slice and some lime zest.
- Refrigerate covered for 3-5 days. Freeze for up to 2 months in an airtight container.
- SIS Tip (Simple is Smart) tip for covering the pie in the refrigerator. Lightly spray some plastic wrap with non-stick cooking spray and cover the pie. The spray keeps the plastic wrap from sticking to the pie.