Double Cheeseburger – Meat vs. Beyond: Homemade burger buns, a double cheeseburger, grilled red onion, and a special homemade sauce. Finger licking good!
Who would ever guess that this burger is a veggie burger? It’s a plant-based, Beyond Burger double cheeseburger. YUM, and yes, it was yum. Since Farmer Fred is sure that a burger isn’t a burger unless it’s made from real meat, I made a 90% lean hamburger – double cheeseburger for him. He said YUM about that one. If you are the veggie burger type – or it isn’t worth eating unless it is meat – burger type, you will love at least one of these double cheeseburgers. Serve it with a big pitcher of homemade Strawberry Lemonade and a pasta salad for a perfect meal.
What Do I need to make the Meat vs. Beyond Burger – Double Cheeseburgers?
These overstuffed burgers are packed with all the fixings that are required to be on a burger. Alright, that may be debatable as not everyone loves all the things that I put in this burger. So skip any of the fixings that you don’t love. I’m sure your burger will still be plenty big.
The burger is two 3-ounce patties. Each patty is covered in delicious mettle cheese. There is a grilled onion, pickles, a slice of tomato, and special homemade sauce. Ketchup and mustard are optional.
The bun is a homemade, soo soft sesame roll. Don’t skimp on the roll. If you can find the time to make these best ever sesame hamburger rolls, it will be worth the time. Click here for my recipe.
How Do I Make These Burgers?
Grill the onions in a grill pan before cooking the burgers and have the fixings ready to go. The burger buns are best fried in some butter, cut side only. Fry them until they are brown and toasty.
The burgers are only 3 ounces each. Make them thin and they will cook very quickly – about 90 seconds per side for the meat and 2 minutes per side for the Beyond Burger. Cook them in a frying pan and not on the grill because they are thin. Put the cheese on top of each burger as soon as you flip it over to cook the other side. Once the burgers are cooked, stack the two patties together and assemble them into your best burger creation ever. CHOMP CHOMP and enjoy it.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, see what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. Ilove your comments so let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- 6 ounces hamburger
- 6 ounces beyond burger
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 slices red onion 1/2 inch thick
- 2 slices american cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices pickles
- 2 hamburger rolls homemade sesame rolls
Homemade Sesame Hamburger Rolls
- Jump over to my recipe for homemade hamburger rolls. (click here) The recipe takes some time but it is so much better than purchased rolls. Make the rolls ahead of time and freeze for up to 1 month.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and mustard and set aside.
- Grill the onions in a little oil until just tender. Transfer to a small plate and set aside.
- Season the hamburger or Beyond Burger with salt and pepper. Make two 3-ounce patties for each hamburger sandwich and two 3-ounce patties for each Beyond Burger sandwich.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a frying pan and toast the rolls in the butter, cut side down until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp of the burger sauce on each half of the toasted rolls.
- Heat two separate cast iron frying pans until very hot. Add the meat burgers to one frying pan, and the Beyond Burger patties to the other. Fry the meat patties about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Fry the Beyond Burger patties two minutes on each side. When you flip the burger over add the cheese to the burger
Assemble the Burger
- Add the patties to the bottom half of the roll and top with the grilled onoin.
- To the other half add the tomato slice some ketchup (optional) and the pickle slices. Bring the two halves together and serve immediately.