Fresh Strawberry Pie: This best-ever fresh strawberry pie is heaped high with fresh, juicy, ripe strawberries. Coat the berries with a perfectly sweetened glaze, and this pie is good enough to eat as it is. However, some ice-cream or whipped cream on top is always in style.
Fresh Strawberry Pie: Spring is here, and with it, the stores produce sections are laden with juicy, fresh, red, ripe strawberries. Ready for the picking, or should I say purchasing. I was at the store yesterday, and they had these beauties on a BOGO. Two boxes for the price of one. SCORE! Strawberry pie, shortcake, pound cake, and strawberries with whip-cream will be on the menu in the coming days. I can’t wait for my rhubarb to get big enough so I can add strawberry-rhubarb pie to that list.
What Do I Need to Make Fresh Strawberry Pie?
The two main ingredients are the pie crust and fresh strawberries. If you have pie crust anxiety, then my recipe for Flaky No-Fail Pie Crust is the perfect Rx to cure your anxiety. No Xanax needed. However, if making the crust still gives you nightmares, then purchase a ready-made unbaked pie crust. Your pie will always be delicious! For the strawberries, the freshest, ripest, juiciest berries you can find. Two quarts for a regular pie dish or three quarts for a deep-dish pie plate. For the glaze, a box of strawberry flavored jello and some cornstarch and sugar.
How Do I Make The Fresh Strawberry Pie?
This pie is super easy.
- Wash and remove the tops from the strawberries
- Make and prebake the crust. (click here) to read the blog and watch the video on how to blind bake or pre-bake the pie crust.
- While the crust is cooling, make the glaze by combining cornstarch, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil until thickened. Add the package of jello.
- Pour the glaze over the berries, and put the berries in the cooled pie crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 9 inch pie dish
- 2 quarts strawberries 3 quarts for a deep dish pie plate.
- 1 pie crust pre-baked
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup corn-starch
- 1½ cup water
- 1 package jello strawberry flavored
- Make or purchase a pie crust and prebake. (click here) for my Easy No Fail Pie Crust. Be sure you watch the video.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and wash them. Set them aside.
- To make the glaze:Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and boil until thickened.
- Remove the thickened mixture from the heat and stir in the jello. The mixture will become thin and watery. This is normal.
- Pour the glaze over the fresh strawberries and stir to coat.
- Pour the berries into the prebaked pie shell. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.