Fruity Cereal Monster Treats are sooo cute they could almost be cuddly. However, I recommend you eat them instead. They are fruity rice Krispie treats cut into monster shapes and decorated. Add a pair of legs, adorable. Make some today.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Gather the Goods for Fruity Cereal Monster Treats:
- Fruity Cereal (I use Fruity Pebbles.
- Marshmallows, regular or mini.
- Melted butter
- Candy eyeballs
- White and black frosting. You only need about 1/4 of a cup of each.
Make the Fruity Cereal Monsters.
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and pour it over the marshmallows. Stir to mix.
- Microwave the marshmallows until melted and puffy.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over the cereal and stir to mix.
- Press into a shallow baking pan. The cereal should be about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Cut out the monster shapes with the Monster Cookie Cutters.
Add Cuteness to the Fruity Cereal Monster Treats.
Time to decorate your little monsters and give them a leg to stand on. Glue on the candy eyeballs with some white frosting. Pipe on a cute little black mouth with the black frosting. Use a parchment or plastic piping bag. Snip a piece of marshmallow into a little triangle and attach it to the mouth. Instatooth.
Put the monster in the fridge to chill and let the frosting harden. Once chilled add the feet and have a Fruity Cereal Monster Treats Parade down the center of the table. YAY. For another fun Monster recipes try Cookie Monster Milk Shake.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- Monster Cookie Cutters with feet
- candy eyeballs
- 10 X 15-inch cookie sheet with a lip.
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles or Fruit-Flavored Rice Krispies
- 40 large Marshmallows (1bag) or 4 cups of the Mini Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- variety of Candy Eyeballs
- 4 tbsp Black Colored Frosting
- small Pastry Bag with a small piping tip or make your own out of a piece of parchment.
- Marshmallow cut into small triangles for the teeth on the monsters
- 4 tbsp White Frosting to glue the eyes and teeth onto the monster.
- Put the fruity rice cereal in a large bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter to the marshmallows and stir to coat.
- Microwave until the marshmallows are melted and puffy. (about 3 minutes)
- Add the melted marshmallows to the fruity rice cereal. Stir to coat.
- Pour the cereal out onto a greased cookie sheet with a lip (10 X 15). Press the cereal into the pan to form a sheet that is 1/2 to 3/4 inch. thick.
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour
- Use the monster cookie cutter shapes to cut out the monster treats. Combine the scraps and press them together for additional treats. Makes about 10-12 total.
- Decorate the treats using the black frosting for their mouth, Attach the candy eyeballs with some white frosting, and add the marshmallow teeth triangle.
- If the treats are soft from being out of the fridge, rechill them before adding the feet.
This Post Has 3 Comments
Fruity cereal monster treats are a fun way to start your day! They’re made with real fruit and they come in grape, orange, cherry appleberry flavors. It’s like eating fruity pebbles for breakfast but without the sugar or calories.
Pingback: Monster Popcorn- Healthy and No Food Dyes - Grow with Doctor Jo
Pingback: Monster Apple Snacks - Grow with Doctor Jo