Ghost Cake Pop – These Ghost cake pops are so adorable that your guests will want to keep them instead of eating them. If your guests decide to eat these ghost pops, they are also yummy on the inside. Make some Peanut Butter Chocolate Spiders to keep them company.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
What Do I Need For Ghost Cake Pops?
The ingredients for these ghost cake pops are simple and few.
You will need a favorite cake recipe or purchase a boxed cake mix. You will need frosting, either homemade or purchased. Lastly, you will need a bag of white Wilton Candy Melts. If you can’t find the candy melts, quality white chocolate will work just as well. You will need to add a little Crisco to the white chocolate.
Additional Supplies: You need a poop emoji silicone mold and some cake pop sticks. Lol, that’s right. These cute little guys are half of a poop emoji cupcake mold.
How Do I Make Ghost Cake Pops?
Make the cake pop. These cake pops make a single 8 or 9-inch cake yield about 12 ghost cake pops. Use your favorite cake recipe or purchase a boxed cake mix. For the boxed cake mix, use 1/2 of the mix. For the frosting, you don’t need very much, about 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup. Enough to “stick,” the cake crumbs together. The consistency is similar to meatloaf. It is important to completely cool the cake before you crumble it into crumbs. If your cake is still warm, it will melt the frosting into a sticky mess. I refrigerate the baked cake overnight. When the frosting and cake are mixed together, press about 2 tbsp into the poop emoji cupcake molds and add a cake pop stick. Chill for 1 hour.
Melt the candy melts. I used the bright white candy melts for these ghost pops. You can also use a good quality white chocolate. Add 1 Tbsp Crisco to 2 cups of white chocolate chips. The microwave works great for melting the candy melts. Microwave for 30 second intervals. Stir between each time in the microwave. This prevents hot spots and ruined dip.
Dip the Ghost Cake Pops. Melt the candy melts before removing the cake pops from the fridge. Prepare a foam block to put the dipped ghost pops into while they dry. Once the dip is ready, dip each cake pop stick into the dip and poke it back into the cake pop. Don’t go all the way through the cake pop. This “glues” the stick in place. Important to prevent the cake pop from falling off the stick when you dip it. Let the dip harden in the cake pop and then dip the pop into the melted candy melts. Add the eyes and stick the ghost cake pop into the foam block until it is dry, and the candy melts are hardened. Once the ghost pop is firmly set, remove the stick; the cake pop stick can also be or can be removed or left
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name. The comment section is all the way down at the end of the blog, after the recipe.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- poop emoji silicone mold
- Cake Pop Sticks
- 3 cups crumbled cake crumbs.
- ⅓ cup frosting
- 4 cups white candy melts - two (12-ounce bags)
- Mix the frosting into the cake crumbs and mix with your hands until the crumbs are all moistened and stick together when compressed.
- Fill each Poop Emoji Mold about ½ full. Press the cake firmly into the mold. Stick a cake pop stick into the middle of the cake pop. Be careful to not go all the way through the cake pop. Chill the cake pops for 60 minutes
- While the cake pops are chilling get a foam block ready to use as a holder for the cake pops.
- Once the cake pop is chilled, melt the candy melts in the microwave or a double boiler. To melt in the microwave: microwave for 20-second intervals stir after each 20 seconds. Continue until the candy melts are softened enough for dipping. Glue the sticks to the emoji pops with the melted candy melts. (see video)
- Let the candy melts harden for 10 minutes in the freezer. Then pop out the cake pop from the mold and dip in the melted candy melts. Add the eyeballs and let cool.
- Store the cake pops in an airtight container for 2 weeks at room temperature or 4 weeks in the fridge or freeze for up to 2 months.