Gnocchi with Snow Peas, red peppers, bacon, and seasonings is a quick and easy meal for a weeknight. This dish is a one-dish meal roasted in the oven on a sheet pan. A salad and warm garlic bread will round out the meal. Yum, make it tonight.
Homemade gnocchi with snow peas looks like a long recipe. However, once you have all of the ingredients gathered together is is quick and simple. You can purchase the gnocchi or make it fresh. See my recipe on How to Make Gnocchi.
What do I need for Gnocchi with Snow Peas?
Gnocchi, veggies, garlic, bacon, butter, and seasonings are the ingredient for this gnocchi. I drizzle it with sage-browned butter after it’s roasted for extra yumminess.
For how to make the sage browned butter (click here).
Here is How.
If you are using frozen gnocchi, don’t defrost it before adding it to the sheet pan. Oil the sheet pan with some olive oil and place the gnocchi, sliced red peppers, snow peas, garlic, and onions on the sheet pan. Put several dots of butter on top and season with salt and pepper.
Roast for a total of 10-12 minutes. Stir the vegetables and gnocchi once midway through the roasting.
While the gnocchi with snow peas is roasting, make the sage browned butter and sprinkle with fresh-grated parmesan cheese.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- sheet pan
- 1 lb. frozen or fresh Gnocchi (450g)
- 8 ounces Snow Peas (220g)
- 1 med Red Bell Pepper sliced into thin strips
- 6 Scallions (white part) sliced on diagonal
- ½ tsp Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of Garlic diced
- 4 pieces of Bacon sliced into thin strips
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. Sage Browned Butter (see notes)
- 4 tbsp. fresh-grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Purchase or make the gnocchi (click here for the recipe).
- Lightly oil a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Add the gnocchi first and then top with the snow peas, sliced red peppers, scallions, and minced garlic to the sheet pan.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Bake at 425°F (218°C) for 5 minutes and turn the vegetables and gnocchi once with a spatula. Bake another 5-6 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the gnocchi is lightly browned.
- While the gnocchi is roasting make the sage browned butter. (click here) for how to make the sage browned butter.
- Drizzle the sage browned butter over the roasted gnocchi and vegetables, Top with the parmesan cheese, and serve.