What are the Ingredients?
This is another SIS (simple is smart) recipe. A few years back, I purchased a graham cracker crust and added a fabulous coconut pie filling. In anticipation of a delicious treat, I took a taste, and to my dismay, I discovered the crust was rancid. YUCK. That was the last premade graham cracker crust I purchased. This crust is so easy to make. The crust has a total of three ingredients. They are Graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. That is it for the basic recipe. However, you can get creative and use oreo cookies or any sandwich cookie. If you choose a sandwich cookie for your crust, crush the cookies filling with the cookies. The filling replaces the sugar in this recipe. For extra crunch and flavor, add finely chopped walnuts or pecans.
Let’s Make The Crust:
You will need 2 cups of either the graham cracker crumbs or cookie crumbs for a 10-inch cheesecake or 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. If you have a 9-inch cheesecake pan, 1 3/4 cups of the crumbs are enough. Use 1/4 cup sugar and only 5 Tbsp. Melted butter. Mix all of the ingredients together and spread in the baking pan. Press the crumbs firmly into the pan and about 1 inch up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
The crust can be used unbaked or baked. To prebake the crust, preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Bake the crust for 10 – 12 minutes or until it is a darker golden brown color. Cool the crust before adding the filling.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or 10-inch springform pan.
- 2 cups graham cracker or cookie crumbs(198g)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar(66g)
- 6 tbsp melted butter(85g)
- Crush the graham crackers with a rolling pin or in a food processor
- Add 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs to a bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix in.
- Melt the butter and add to the mixture. Stir until all the crumbs are moistened
- Press the crumbs into a 10-inch springform cheesecake pan, or a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350°F (176°C) until browned.
- This crust can also be used unbaked if the recipe calls for an unbaked crust