Green beans browned butter – Italian style: This is quick and simple but tastes like you spent a long time slaving over a hot stove. Cooking at it’s best – a dish that looks and tastes fantastic but only took about 10-15 minutes to make.
The secret ingredient – in green beans with browned butter – that makes it so fantastic is the browned butter. That’s right – browned butter. If you’ve never had it, you have missed out on one of the best tasting ingredient transformations there is. The butter is heated until the milk solids separate and start to brown. The browned milk solids transforms the taste from ordinary to extraordinary – sooo delicious. Here is how you make the browned butter. Click on this link and grab the recipe for the browned butter with fresh herbs.
Once you have the browned butter with fresh Italian herbs made, add it to the cooked green beans. Toss all together and put in a serving bowl. Sprinkle on the parmesan and garnish with the sun-dried tomatoes. WaLa you just made green beans with browned butter – Italian style. Your taste buds will be impressed!!!
Here is a short video on how to make browned butter. Substitute any herb for the sage. For this recipe substitute the Italian herbs for the sage.
Do you have more beans than you can use? Jump on over to my blog on how to blanch and freeze them so they don’t get soggy.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s daily pictures of what’s new in my gardens or what new recipe I’m creating in my kitchen. Make sure you click the like button, share and subscribe. I love your comments, so let me know what you think.
Green Beans Browned Butter - Italian
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- heavy bottom fry pan
- ¾ lb green beans whole or cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh basil cut into ribbons
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves discard stems
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves discard stems
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated (optional)
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- To adjust the portions, click on the number of serving and a slider will pop up. Adjusting the slider up or down will automatically recalculate and adjust the amount of each ingredient for you.
- Cook the green bean in salted water until they are fork-tender but still a little crisp. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Add the butter to a skillet over med-high heat.
- Heat the butter until you just begin to see browned bits.
- Immediately add the fresh herbs; basil, oregano, thyme.
- cook, stirring constantly until herbs start to turn crispy, remove from the heat. About 10-15 seconds.
- Put the green beans in a serving dish and pour the butter over the beans.
- Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the beans and garnish with the sun-dried tomatoes. (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste. Serve immediately.