Green Beans with almonds and sage browned butter. This recipe takes ordinary green beans and elevates them to the extraordinary category. So Yummy!
The green beans in my garden went crazy this year. I got 3 crops total from one planting of green beans. My bean plants gave me close to 20 lbs of string beans off of a row of beans that was only 12 feet long. When they stopped putting out new beans, I would be about ready to pull out the plants and realize they were blooming again, and I would soon have another crop of beans. Go figure.
How to Make Browned Butter with Almonds:
About a year ago, I discovered browned butter, and I never looked back. Browned butter is a butter flavor on steroids for your cooking and baking.
Here is a quick video on how to make the browned butter with sage click here.
When you add the sage to the browned butter, add the almonds at the same time. Remove from the heat and continue to stir until the sage is crispy and the beans are slightly browned.
Cook the Green Beans, assemble, and serve these green beans with almonds and sage browned butter.
Put the beans in a kettle and cover them with water. Add salt, and cook until fork-tender. Drain the water from the beans and put them in a serving dish. Pour the browned butter with almonds over the beans and toss to coat. Serve as a side to Beef Brisket and enjoy it. BTW. make some extra browned butter with sage and dip some fresh bread in it or drizzle it over some pasta.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 12 ounces green string beans (350g)
- 1/4 cup fresh sage ribbons(8g)
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds(25g)
- 4 tbsp butter
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water until fork tender and a little crunchy to bite. Drain and set aside
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or skillet. stir constantly until start to see brown bits on the bottom of the pan. It is normal for the butter to foam up.
- Add the sage and slivered almonds to the browned butter and stir until sage is crispy.
- serve over the beans. Toss to coat the beans.