Green Beans with Sage Browned Butter: I can’t get enough of my latest addition – browned butter. I have found a new best friend to pair it with Green Beans. I’m talking tender, sweet, slightly crunchy, fresh from my organic garden, green beans. Yes those green beans!!!
I like the combination so much that I couldn’t stop with just one recipe. This one is; Green Beans with Sage Browned Butter – American style. Also, check out my recipe for Green beans with browned butter – Italian style and finally if you like to spice things up with a little fire in your food you’ll love my Green Beans Southwest with Browned Butter.
Here is how I make the Sage browned butter. Use as little as 1 Tbsp butter in a fry pan. Cook the butter until you start to see browned bits. Add your fresh herb ribbons and saute until the herbs are crisp and crunchy. That’s what makes this butter special. The herbs flavor the butter and become bits of crispy flavor bursts in your mouth.
Mix in a few slivered almonds, pour over the cooked beans. This could even be the main course it is that good.
Here is a short video on how to make the sage browned butter.
Do you have more beans than you can use? Jump on over to my blog on how to blanch and freeze them so they don’t get soggy.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens or what new recipe I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments, so let me know what you think and leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- heavy bottom fry pan
- ¾ lb green beans blossom end removed and then cooked until just fork tender.
- 3 tbsp. butter can use as little as 1 Tbsp.
- ⅓ cup fresh sage cut into ribbons
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- To adjust the portions, click on the number of serving and a slider will pop up. Adjusting the slider up or down will automatically recalculate and adjust the amount of each ingredient for you.
- Cook the green beans in salted water until they are fork-tender but still a little crisp. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Add the butter to a skillet over med-high heat.
- Heat butter until begin to just start to see browned bits.
- Immediately add the fresh sage and almonds.
- Cook, stirring constantly until sage starts to turn crispy, remove from the heat. About 10-15 seconds. Be careful to not let the butter burn.
- Put the green beans in a serving dish and pour the butter over the beans.
- Toss to coat, salt, and pepper to taste, serve immediately.
This Post Has 3 Comments
Pingback: Strawberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing - Grow with Doctor Jo
Pingback: Beyond Meat Meatloaf Bowls - Vegetarian - Grow with Doctor Jo