Hawaiian Roll Sliders – Ham and Cheese. These sweet, buttery Homemade Hawaiian Rolls, stuffed with honey-ham and swiss cheese. Hot and melty from the oven, watch them slide right off the serving plate.
Hawaiian Rolls –
A favorite of my grandkids. They love the sweet buttery taste and super soft, moist texture. I admit I’m hooked on them as well. So delish warmed with butter. This is one roll that has almost as much butter as a croissant. You will want to make these rolls the day before, as they do take several hours to make. They can be purchased; however, the homemade ones are so much better. No preservatives or bromated flour. By the way, did you know that most commercial bakery products use bromated flour? Bromated flour is banned in Europe and China. It is a potentially harmful additive that should be avoided.
How To Make the Hawaiian Roll Sliders.
Once the rolls are baked and cooled, store them at room temperature in an airtight container or baggie overnight. Slice the rolls in half and spread each half with mayonnaise mixed with some dijon mustard, Worchester sauce, and onion powder. Stack the bottom half with ham and swiss cheese, top with the top of the roll.
Hawaiian Roll Sliders Are Twice Baked.
Once the slider is assembled, tuck it back into a baking pan. Now for the part that makes it extra tasty. More Butter! Yes, melt more butter with some poppy seeds and pour it all over the sliders. Let it soak in before covering the rolls with aluminum foil. Bake the sliders a second time for 15 – 20 minutes or until the cheese is melting, and the tops are toasty. The game is just starting. Pass the sliders, please
Hawaiian Roll Sliders
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 15 Hawaiian Rolls homemade or purchased
- 30 slices honey ham sliced thin
- 15 slices Swiss cheese sliced sandwich thickness
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worchester sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- To adjust the portions, click on the number of serving, and a slider will pop up. Adjusting the slider up or down will automatically calculate the amount needed for each ingredient.
- Make the Hawaiian rolls the day before using my recipe. Makes 15 rolls.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, Worchester sauce, and onion powder.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on both halves of the rolls
- Add a slice of honey ham, then a slice of swiss cheese and a piece of bacon to the bottom half of each roll, Fold the ham and cheese to fit on the individual rolls.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Use parchment paper as a sling in the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Place the rolls back in the baking pan.
- Melt the butter and add the poppy seeds to the melted butter. Pour the butter-poppy seed mixture over the rolls. Use a pastry brush to help cover the rolls with the mixture.
- Let the butter soak into the rolls for 10 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.