Holiday Pumpkin Bread is another Holiday favorite. I make it in the fall and around Thanksgiving. Come Christmas time, I add a little extra flavor to give it that “Christmas” taste. What is that little extra flavor – Rum. I love to toast a thick slice of this bread, slather it with butter and enjoy it with my coffee. It also goes great with afternoon tea or coffee. Here is a couple of other loaves of bread that I love to make. Banana Nut Bread with Chocolate Chips and a Butternut Squash Bread with Chocolate.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
What makes this bread so YUM?
If you are vegan, you will love this recipe. If you aren’t vegan you will also love this recipe. The pumpkin pie spice and rum flavorings are the heart and soul of this bread. I also used one of my organic grown pie pumpkins. The purchased puree will also work if you don’t have a pie pumpkin. This is a great way to use up the last of the pumpkins from the fall.
Step by Step Instructions for How to Make Holiday Pumpkin Bread.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, spices, baking powder, and soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix well
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix on medium speed until well mixed. Stir in the chopped pecans
- Pour in 2 greased loaf pans—8 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches.
- Bake for 90 minutes at 325-degrees F.
- Let the holiday pumpkin bread cool before slicing. This bread is deliciously sliced and toasted with some butter.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- two loaf pans
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour (300g)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar (106g)
- 1½ cup granulated sugar (300g)
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable oil (100g)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (227g)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans(114g)
- preheat oven 325-degrees. F
- Mix the dry ingredients together. set aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredient to the bowl of a stand mixer, and mix together.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on medium to mix well.
- Grease and line with parchment paper, two small loaf pans(8 X14 in.) or 1 large loaf pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into each parchment-lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes for the 2 smaller loaves or 90 minutes for the larger loaf. Check the center with a toothpick to make sure the center is done. The center sometimes doesn't fullly rise. However this doesn't effect the taste.
- Let the bread cool for 30 minutes before removing it from the pan.