Krispie Mummie Treats – also known at my house as Yummy Mummies. These mommies put a new “wrap” on an old favorite Rice Krispie Treats. So simple to make that even the kids can help. Make your Halloween party extra Spooky with some Ghost Cake Pops.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
What Do I Need To Make These Krispie Mummie Treats?
Mummie ingredients are simple. Marshmallows, Rice Krispies cereal, and White chocolate. You will also need a microwave-safe bowl to melt the white chocolate.
How Do I Make Yummy Krispie Mummie Treats?
If you’ve ever made rice krispie treats, you can make Krispie Mummie Treats. You will melt the marshmellows with a little butter and stir in the Rice Krispie Cereal. Then press the mxture into an 8 X 8 inch baking pan and chill it. Once the treats are chilled, it is time to cut and wrap them.
Now, how adorable are these little Krispy Mummie Treats? Before you cut the mummie treats into rectangles, go ahead and square up the large square from the pan. This way, your mummie treats will have nice straight edges and be all the same size.
Melt the White Chocolate:
To melt the white chocolate, add the Crisco to the chocolate and melt in the microwave or a double boiler. I use the microwave because it is faster—microwave for 30 seconds interval. Stir well between each 30-second interval in the microwave to make sure the chocolate doesn’t develop hot spots. Once the chocolate is melted, put it into a decorating cone and drizzle over the squares to form a mummy “wrap” pattern. Add the candy eyeballs, and you are done.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name. The comment section is all the way down at the end of the blog, after the recipe
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- Make a small decorating cone out of a plastic sandwich bag or piece of parchment.
- 3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 20 large marshmallows or 2 cups mini marshmallows
- mini candy eyeballs
White chocolate wrappings
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp crisco
- Put the marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour it over the marshmallows. Stir to coat the marshmallows.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals until the marshmallows are puffy and melted.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the Rice Krispies Cereal
- Press into an 8 X 8-inch square baking dish.
- Chill for 30 minutes
White Chocolate wrapping
- Add the shortening to the white chocolate chips and carefully melt in the microwave or a double boiler. In the microwave: microwave for 20-second intervals, stirring after every 20 seconds until the chips are melted enough to put the chocolate into a decorating cone.
Assemble the Mummies
- Trim off a small amount of the edges of the chilled rice Krispies treats. Then cut the treats into 8 rectangles.
- Drizzle each rectangle with the white chocolate in a pattern to make it look like mummies wrappings. Add 2 candy eyeballs.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Freeze for up to 2 months.