Lobster Crusted Grouper – A tender, flaky, grouper fillet is topped with a savory topping of my lobster stuffing and a little sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese. Bake – don’t fry for a healthier way to enjoy this delicious dish.
Let's Get Cooking and make this Lobster Crusted Grouper.
Why Fish is so good for you.
Did you know that Fish helps keep your heart healthy. We could all use a healthier and happier heart in 2021. The AHA (that is doctor-speak) for American Heart Association recommends eating 2 servings a week of fish. Fish keeps your heart healthy with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2 (riboflavin). Fish is a great source of minerals, zinc, iron, magnesium, and iodine. Fish is also rich in phosphorous and calcium, which are important for strong bones. Bring on the Fish!
Let’s keep this Lobster Crusted Grouper SIS (simple is smart) the Doctor Jo way.
Make the Crust:
- Mix the bread crumbs, seasoning, and a little Parmesan cheese.
- Add the chopped lobster or shrimp to the bread mixture.
- Add some red peppers and egg, a little grated cheddar cheese, and mix.
Assemble and Bake
- Place the fillets on a baking sheet.
- Top each fillet with 1/4 of the topping.
- Bake until the fish is flaky or the internal temperature is 145 degrees F.
Now it’s time to give your heart the love it deserves. Sprinkle a little parmesan on the Lobster Crusted Grouper and serve with some heart-healthy grilled asparagus and a dash of fresh lemon juice.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 4 8 ounce grouper fillets (each fillet 225g)
- ¼ cup bread crumbs(28g)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp parmesian cheese
- ¼ cup diced roasted red peppers or pimentos(110g)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp grated white cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces chopped lobster, crab, or shrimp meat(170g)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- mix the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese together and add to the chopped lobster.
- Add the red peppers, egg, and cheddar cheese. Mix Well
- Season the grouper fillet with the salt and pepper
- Put the fillets in a lightly greased shallow baking dish. Add ¼ of the topping to each fillet.
- Drizzle with the melted butter and bake for 18 minutes at 350 degrees. The fish should easily flake when pulled apart. If you have an instant-read thermometer the internal of the fish should be 145-degrees F.
- Serve immediately.