Lemon Chicken is a fast, easy, healthy, and delicious weeknight dinner for the cook who doesn’t have time to cook and wants a simple, easy, and delicious dinner for the family.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
What are the ingredients for this SIS (simple is smart dish)
Have you noticed how the boneless skinless chicken breasts are huge? The recommended serving of protein is 4-6 ounces. I just weighed the chicken breasts I purchased, and each breast was about 16 ounces. Whoa, that is enough for 4 servings, not one serving. So I decided to split the difference and make it into two servings for each breast.
You will need seasonings, broth or stock, minced garlic, a little white wine, and lemon in addition to the chicken breasts.
Step by Step instructions.
- Butterfly the chicken breast to make 4 pieces of chicken. Then pound each piece until it is about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Season each piece of chicken breast with Montreal Chicken Seasoning (affiliate). An alternative is some Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in flour and then fry in butter until browned and their internal temp is 170-degrees F. Set aside.
- In the same frypan, add some butter and minced garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, and then add a couple of tbsp. Of flour and the Italian seasoning.
- Once the flour is browned a bit, add the liquid: chicken stock, white wine, and lemon juice.
- Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbly and has thickened. Add the cooked chicken breasts and heat through. Serve immediately.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- large fry pan
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Montreal chicken seasoning.
- ⅓ cup All-purpose flour (30g) plus 3 tbsp. flour to thicken the sauce.
- 6 tbsp butter (85g) divided in half
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken stock(700ml)
- ¼ cup white wine(64ml)
- 3-4 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice (juice of one large lemon)
- Butterfly the chicken breast to make four thin pieces from each breast. Eight pieces total. Pound the pieces with a tenderizer mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Season with the Montreal Chicken Seasoning, or use salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour to coat both sides.
- Melt three tbsp of the butter in a frypan and cook the chicken breasts until brown, and the internal temp is 170°F (77°C). Remove from the frypan and set aside. Cook in two batches if necessary. You may need to add extra butter if you cook in two batches.
- Add the second three tbsp of butter and the minced garlic to the frypan. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1minute. Add the three tbsp flour and cook until lightly browned.
- Whisk in the stock, wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened.
- Add the chicken breasts and heat through. Serve immediately with pasta or rice and a vegetable.