Loaded Caramel Apple Slices – a stack of sliced apples loaded with granola, mini chocolate chips, toasted coconut flakes, and homemade caramel sauce. YUM!!
Gameday eats – Wings, chips, and dips, nachos, sliders, and cocktail weiners are the top 5 game day and Super Bowl foods. Put them all on the buffet, and by the end of the game, everyone is in carb heaven. One of my favorites is loaded caramel apple nachos. That’s right, caramel apple nachos! I do also love the traditional nacho’s. Sometimes I mix things up by putting a new twist on an old traditional food like nachos.
What Are Loaded Caramel Apple Nachos?
Think caramel apples deconstructed. A favorite of mine is a gourmet caramel apple loaded with gourmet toppings like nuts, chocolate, mini mm’s, coconut, and all kinds of crunchy and sweet delicacies. However, I am not a fan of trying to eat one. I can never figure out how to take a bite that contains both apple and toppings without wearing at least part of it. My solution, deconstruct the caramel apple. The result is a plate of sliced apples topped with all the caramel apple toppings.
How To Make Loaded Caramel Apple Nachos.
Start with 2 or 3 fresh, crisp red or green organic apples. Slice them in half and remove the seeds and ends. Slice and layer on a serving plate. Next, get creative with the toppings. I used homemade crunchy granola, maple-infused toasted coconut flakes, and mini dark chocolate chips. Finally, the whole loaded caramel apple nacho plate is coated with a generous drizzle of my homemade caramel sauce. I am talking about a seriously delicious stack of nachos. The best is that it is better for you than the traditional nachos. Make some next time you host the big game day get-together, and you will be amazed at how fast they disappear.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
Loaded Caramel Apple Nachos
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 3 apples medium size, organic, red or green
- ¼ cup caramel sauce see notes
- ⅓ cup granola see notes
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips or mini mm's
- ½ cup shredded coconut flakes toasted
- To adjust the portions, click on the number of serving, and a slider will pop up. Adjusting the slider up or down will automatically calculate the amount needed for each ingredient.
- Wash the apples, cut in half, remove the seeds and ends, and thinly slice.
- Mix and layer the apples on a large plate.
- Sprinkle with the toppings.
- Drizzle with the caramel sauce.