Mini Key Lime Pies will add some tangy dessert vibes to your next party. Graham cracker crust, creamy key lime filling, and a generous dollop of whipped cream to top it off. These mini pies are no-bake and super easy.
SIS (Simple is Smart) Tip:
Make these mini key lime pies up to 3 days before you want to serve them. Refrigerate in an airtight container until you are ready to use them. Top them with the whipped cream and lime slice when you serve them.
Ingredients for the Mini Key Lime Pies
Graham Cracker Crust: You need three ingredients. Crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter.
Cream Cheese: You want to use the kind that comes in a box, not the spreadable type in a tub.
Whipping Cream: I use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: One can is the perfect amount.
Key Lime Juice: You may need to purchase my Key Lime Juice. The fresh ones are better if you are fortunate enough to find Key Limes in the store. Do you know the difference between a Key Lime and a regular lime? The Key lime is only grown in the tropical and is small. It turns yellow when ripe, not green. It also has a thinner skin on it than regular green lime. The key lime is super aromatic and tart. You can use a common lime, but the key lime is in a sweetened dessert like key lime pie.
Vanilla: Use a good quality pure vanilla extract.
Make the Graham Cracker Crust:
This crust is no-bake, so put the ramekins in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
Make the Mini Key Lime Pie Filling:
- Whip the cream with the vanilla until you have stiff peaks. Refrigerate.
- Whip the cream cheese and slowly add the sweetened condensed milk until all the milk is incorporated.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the Key Lime Juice. With the mixer on low, slowly add the juice. The mixture will thicken somewhat as you add the juice.
- Fill the ramekins or mini mason jars with the filling.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours minimum.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream, a slice of lime, and lime zest.
- If you use stabilized whipped cream, you can add the whipped cream and lime garnish up to one day before serving.
- 8 Mini ramekins or mini mason jars.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
Graham Cracker Crust
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (75g)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp Granulated sugar.
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream(160ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese (227g)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup Key Lime Juice
- 1½ cups Fresh Whipped Cream for serving
- ½ lime Cut into 8 slices for garnish.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Crush enough graham crackers to make 3/4 of a cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar and mix in.
- Melt the butter and add to the crumbs. Stir until all the crumbs are moistened.
- Spoon one heaping tbsp. into the bottom of each ramekin or mason jar.
- Flatten the crumbs with the bottom of a glass.
- Refrigerate while you make the fillings.
Key Lime Pie Filling
- Whip the heavy cream and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate.
- Whip the cream cheese with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix on medium-low until smooth and incorporated. Scrape the bowl.
- Fold in the whipping cream or mix it in at the lowest mixer speed.
- Slowly add the Key Lime Juice. Scrape the bowl and mix for 30 more seconds.
- Divide the filling between the ramekins or mini mason Jars. You can scoop it into the containers or pipe it into the containers.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Top with the fresh whipped cream and garnish with a lime slice and some lime zest.