Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie has a crust made with crushed mint flavored Oreo cookies. The ice cream filling has a middle layer of more crushed cookies then, topped with chocolate curls. It sounds hard to make, but it is quick and easy. Use my Oreo Cookie Crust recipe and my homemade Mint Chip Ice Cream recipe.
Farmer Freds’ favorite ice cream is mint chip ice cream. It was also the favorite and only ice cream his cat Scooter would eat. Whenever Fred got out the mint chip ice cream, Scooter would magically appear and beg for some. Scooter is no longer with us, but with fond memories, we remember her love of mint chip ice cream. Scooter, this blog is in memory of your love for Mint Chip Ice Cream.
Here is How to Make This Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie.
This pie has an Oreo Cookie Crust. The pie has mint chip ice cream, so naturally, I used the mint Oreo cookies for the crust. To make the crust hop over to my blog on how to make an Oreo cookie crust.
Now that you have the crust made. Crush up an extra 6-8 Oreos for the cookie crumbs in the middle of the pie.
You will need 2 pints of mint chip ice cream. (click here) for my Mint Chip Ice Cream recipe. Soften the 1st pint and add it to the prepared Oreo cookie pie crust. Top the ice cream with 1/2 – 1 cup of the Oreo cookie crumbs. Freeze for 3-4 hours. Then soften the second pint and add it to the pie. Top with some chocolate curls. Freeze for another 3-4 hours before serving. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 9-inch pie plate
- 2 pints Mint chip ice cream
- 2½ cups oreos (about 30 Oreos)
- ¼ cup butter (56 g)
- 1 tbsp Chocolate curls for garnish
Make the oreo pie crust
- In a food processor process 24 of the cookies until fine crumbs. If you don't have a food processor. Put the cookies in a heavy-duty ziplock bag and pulverize with a rolling pin or mallet.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- add the crumbs to the melted butter and stir to mix.
- Pour the crumbs into the pie plate and use you fingers or a glass to press the crumbs and form a pie crust.
- Freeze pie crust 10 minutes before filling
Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie
- Process the remaining 6 oreos until coarse crumbs.
- Slightly soften 1 pint of mint chip ice cream (click here for my homemade recipe) and spread it in the pie plate with the oreo crust.
- Top the ice cream with the oreo coarse crumbs.
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Slightly soften the second pint of Mint Chip ice cream and spread it over the cookie crumbs.
- Freeze for 3 hours.
- Let the pie sit a room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting
- Top each piece of pie with chocolate curls.