Monster Maracas are adorable Fruit flavored and plain Rice Krispie Cereal mixed with Marshmallows on a Pretzel Stick. They are easy to make and yummy to eat.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Whether it’s Cinco de Mayo or a Mexican-themed party, these adorable maracas will add some fun to the dessert table. They are delicious Rice Krispie treat with large Pretzel Stick handles.
Monster Maracas – How To Make Them:
If you’ve made Rice Krispie treats, you can make these monster maracas.
- 2 cups each of Rice Krispies and Fruity Rice Cereal in separate bowls.
- Put 20 large Marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp melted Butter.
- Melt the Marshmallows in the microwave until soft and puffy. Stir to mix in the Butter.
- Pour half of the mixture into each bowl of cereal and stir to coat the cereal.
- Form the maracas on a large pretzel stick and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add a White Frosting ripple at the interface between the colored and white cereal.
- Attach the eyeballs and enjoy.
For the frosting, I use premade-purchased frosting because I only need about 1/4 of a cup.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- candy eyeballs
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles or Fruit-Flavored Rice Krispies
- 2 cups Plain Rice Krispie Cereal
- 30 large Marshmallows (2/3 of the bag) or 3 cups of the Mini Marshmallows
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- Variety of Candy Eyeballs
- 4 tbsp White Frosting
- Small Pastry Bag with a small piping tip or make your own out of a piece of parchment.
- 8 large Pretzel Sticks
- Put the fruity rice cereal into two separate bowls.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter to the marshmallows and stir to coat.
- Microwave until the marshmallows are melted and puffy. (about 3 minutes)
- Stir the melted marshmallows to mix all together
- Add 1/2 of the marshmallow mixture to each bowl of cereal and stir to coat.
- Put a little butter on your hands to keep the cereal from sticking to the fingers. Form the maracas by wrapping the cereal around a large pretzel stick. Alternate the fruity cereal with the plain cereal.
- Decorate the treats using the white frosting at the junction between the two cereals. Attach the candy eyeballs with some white frosting.
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour