Monster Marshmallow Pops instead of cake pops for your next Halloween or Little Monsters’ Birthday party. They are super adorable and so easy to make. Let your child help with the sprinkles, eyes and nose.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Gather the ingredients for these Monster Marshmallow Pops.
I used dark blue, apple green, turquoise, and pink. The candy melts come in lots of colors, so scroll down for more color options.
Also, the sprinkles for the hair are usually in the baking section of your local grocery store. Click Here for the eyeballs.
Lastly, the sticks for holding the pops. I had some green paper straws that I cut in half, and they worked perfectly. However, cake pop sticks will also work great.
How to Make Monster Marshmallow Pops.
Melt the candy melts in the microwave. For about 4 pops, use 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of candy melts—microwave for 10-second intervals stirring between, until the candy is a melted smooth consistency.
Spread the candy on a marshall the has a stick inserted into the middle of it.
Decorate with 2 small eyeballs and a sprinkle “dot” for the nose.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- green paper straws
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup candy melts total of 1 cup in assorted colors. Blue, Green, Pink. about 1/3 cup of each color.
- assorted sprinkles for the "hair"
- small candy eyeballs
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave in 10-second intervals, stirring between intervals until melted. If the melted candy is too thick add a little vegetable shortening and stir it in to thin the melted candy.
- Cut the green straws in half and insert them into the marshmallows like a cake pop stick.
- use a knife or off-set spatula to apply the melted candy to the marshmallow. Smooth the sides with the knife. Don't put any on the bottom of the marshmallow. The top doesn't need to be completely smooth as the sprinkles' hair will cover it up.
- Add the sprinkles to the top, small eyeballs, and a nose to create a face.
- Let the candy on the pop harden and the pops can be served once the candy has hardened or can be stored in a container for several weeks.