Naan Pizza is the next best thing to pizza made with homemade pizza dough. I made Homemade Naan earlier this week and was in the mood for pizza. But, I also wanted a quick and easy lunch. There is nothing fast about homemade pizza because the dough takes several hours to make. This Naan wasn’t as good, but for a 20-minute pizza, it is excellent. It is even faster than getting take out pizza.
What Do You Need for Naan Pizza?
Two leftover pieces of Naan, either large or small pieces, work. When you make Naan, consider making a couple of extra-large pieces to use as a personal pizza the next day for lunch. After adding your favorite sauce, add all of the toppings. Farmer Fred is a meat lover pizza guy. His pizza is topped with Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon, or all things meat. What kind of pizza toppings are your favorite? I am a veggie lover’s pizza person. My Naan is topped with sauteed onions, roasted red peppers, olives, and any other veggie that is available and looks good. Oh, don’t forget the cheese. A blend of Italian cheeses is perfect. I put fresh mozzarella on my veggie lovers pizza.
How Do I Make Naan Pizza?
Naan Pizza is super simple. I like to bake the Naan Pizza on an oven steel. When using the oven steel, it is important to pre-heat the oven with the steel in it for 30 to 45 minutes before baking anything on the steel. If you don’t have a steel, you can bake the Naan Pizza on a cookie sheet.
Preheat the oven to 450-degrees. Once the oven steel is hot, spread the sauce on the Naan. Add the cheese next and finish with your favorite toppings—Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on the steel. The bottom of the pizza should be crispy, and the cheese melted. Be careful to not peel the skin off of the roof of your mouth with your first bite of hot pizza. Boy, have I done that a few time.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments.The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- Baking Steel
- 2 naan breads
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup grated Italian style mixture of cheese
- 5 slices Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 10 pepperoni slices
- 2 tbsp sauteed onions
- 2 tbsp sliced roasted peppers
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Put a baking steel or pizza stone in the oven before heating. If you don't have a baking steel, use a cookie sheet instead. If you have a baking steel or pizza stone, allow 30 to 45 minutes to heat them thoroughly.
- Spread the pizza sauce on two pieces of Naan and top one with the sliced mozzarella and the other one with the grated cheese.
- Add the pepperoni slices to the Naan with the grated cheese. Add the onions and peppers to the Naan with the fresh mozzarella.
- Bake the Pizzas on the oven steel for 12 - 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the Naan is hot and slightly crispy on the bottom.
- Serve immediately as lunch or dinner or cut into little triangles and serve as an appetizer.