Oven Roasted Fingerling Potatoes only have 2 ingredients besides the potatoes. Another SIS (simple is smart) recipe to make your dinner prep. easy.
Those fingerling potatoes are looking a little gnarly. That is because they are potatoes that grew from “volunteers.” That’s right, last year when I dug my fingerling potatoes, some of the potatoes were missed and left in the ground over the winter. Come spring, they sprouted and grew, yielding a nice crop of organically grown gnarly looking potatoes. The important thing is that they taste better than those pretty fingerling potatoes you buy in the store. They didn’t cost me a dime, unlike the organic $5/pound fingerling potatoes in the store.
I have another recipe for oven-roasted potatoes on this site. However, the seasonings for the potato in that recipe are all fresh chopped herbs with garlic and onions. This involves a lot of chopping and mixing, so I created this SIS recipe for the times you just want a fast, simple, and tasty side dish.
SIS is the key to this delicious dish of Oven Roasted fingerling potatoes. This recipe is so simple because it only has 2 ingredients in addition to the potatoes. A package of onion soup and some vegetable oil to drizzle over them before they are baked.
SIS steps for making Oven Roasted Fingerling Potatoes.
- Wash the potatoes well, because you will be eating the skins.
- Drizzle some vegetable oil over them and toss to coat. You can use grapeseed oil or olive oil also.
- Sprinkle a package of onion soup mix over the potatoes and toss again to let the soup mix coat the potatoes.
- Bake at 425-degrees until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and fork-tender on the inside. This usually takes 45 minutes to an hour.
Serve as a side with Beef Brisket or BBQ Chicken.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 2 lbs fingerling or baby potatoes
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Clean and put potatoes in a baking dish (oval or square)
- Drizzle the vegetable oil over the potatoes
- Sprinkle a package of onion soup mix over the potatoes and stir to mix well
- Bake uncovered 425 degrees F for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.