Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Cups bring together a decadent dark chocolate brownie cup filled with heavenly light and fluffy peanut butter mousse.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
I have difficulty deciding if it is ok to have all of my favorite dessert ingredients in a single bite of dessert. Where do I start? I have dark chocolate, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and peanut butter. One batch of these and I just might set for life. Now, where did I put that cup of coffee?
Make the Brownie Cups for the Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Cups Mini Desserts.
The brownie cups use my favorite go-to recipe for all recipes that need brownies, including just plain and delicious brownies. Before we get started, though, you will need a couple of special utensils. The mini muffin pan. (click here) and the tart shaper (click here). You will need two mini muffin pans.
Let’s Make the Brownie Cups
- Melt the butter and add the sugars to the butter, then microwave this mixture until it is 110 degrees F. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking powder to the cocoa powder. Stir to mix in.
- Add the melted sugar/butter mixture to the cocoa mixture and stir in.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips and stir in.
Bake and Shape the Brownie Cups for the Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Cups.
- Use a 1 tbsp. Cookie scoop and place a scant scoop of batter in each well of the two pans. Forty-eight mini brownie cups in total.
- Bake the brownie cups in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes.
- As soon as the brownie cups come out of the oven, use the mini tart shaper to form the cups.
- Let the cups cool for 15 minutes before removing them from the pan.
Make the Peanut Butter Mousse.
- Beat together the peanut butter with the cream cheese. Then add the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat in.
- Use a chilled bowl. Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks.
- In three separate portions, fold the whipped heavy cream into the peanut butter and cream cheese mixture.
Fill the Mini Brownie Cups with the Peanut Butter Mousse.
If the mousse is soft and doesn’t hold the shape it is piped into – chill the mousse for several hours before filling the brownie cups.
Attach a star piping tip to a piping bag and pipe the mousse into the brownie cups.
Place filled cups in the fridge to chill for several hours before serving.
To store the Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Cups, place in an airtight container and freeze for 1-2 months.
The unfilled brownie cups will keep for 2-3 months in an airtight container in the freezer.
Defrost for 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- mini muffin tins (2)
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- ¾ cup cocoa powder dutch process (62g)
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup granulated sugar(150g)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar(160g)
- 12 tbsp. melted butter(170g)
- 1 ⅛ cup flour(135g)all-purpose
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips(170g)
Peanut Butter Mousse Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips for garnish
- These can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Melt the butter and add the white and brown sugars to the melted butter.
- Mix the cocoa, espresso powder, eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
- Microwave the butter and sugar together until it is 110 degrees F. (43°C)
- Add the butter sugar mixture to the cocoa misture and mix well.
- Add the flour and stir in.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Spray the mini muffin tins (click here for where to purchase) with non-stick spray.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to fill each well. (smallest size scoop).
- Bake at 350°F (176°C) for 13 minutes.
- As soon as the brownie bites come out of the oven, press a well into the brownie to form the cup shape.
- Let the brownies cool about 15 minutes before removing from the tins.
Peanut Butter Mousse Filling
- Add the peanut butter to the cream cheese and beat it together with a hand mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla to the mixture and beat in on medium.
- In a separate chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In 3 separate portions, fold the whipped heavy cream into the peanut butter cream cheese mixture.
- If the mixture is soft, refrigerate for 2 hours before piping into the brownie dessert cups.
- Put the peanut butter mousse into a piping bag with a medium star tip attached. Pipe the mousse into the individual brownie cups and garnish with mini chocolate chips or chocolate shavings.
- Freeze for several hours until very firm. Let peanut butter mousse brownie cups defrost at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- Alternately refrigerate overnight before serving.