Philly Cheesesteak Eggrolls will be the appetizer hit at your next party or family get-together. If you are a Philly Cheesesteak Fan but not a Philly Cheesesteak Fan, then these are for you. Fanatics need not apply.
What are the ingredients for Philly Cheesesteak Eggrolls?
This is a four-ingredient appetizer recipe with a five-star taste. For this recipe, you will need all of your favorite cheesesteak ingredients. That would be caramelized onions, a good cut of steak, and cheese. I use prime rib for the meat. Those are the basic ingredients. If you are on, it isn’t a cheesesteak without peppers, then add in the peppers. Lastly, skip the roll in favor of an eggroll wrapper.
Here is How to make the Philly Cheesesteak Eggrolls.
- Caramelize the onions. Take your time and make sure they are nicely caramelized.
- Chop the steak and mix the caramelized onions with the steak. (add diced pepper if you prefer pepper in your Philly Cheesesteak).
- Add the onion-meat mixture to one corner of an eggroll wrapper and top with a piece of cheese.
- Roll the wrapper as shown in the pictures.
Fry the Eggrolls in a deep fryer for about 4 minutes or until they are crispy and a golden brown color. Drain on a wire cooling rack. Serve with your favorite ranch or bleu cheese dip.
Make a double batch and freeze some for later. Freeze individually on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then place in an airtight bag or vacuum seal bag. The vacuum seal bag will keep them fresh for up to a year. Honestly, though these will be gone long before that.
Leftovers? Not likely, but in the event that you do have some. Reheat them in an air fryer for hot from the deep fryer freshness.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- deep fryer
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 2 cups diced onion (250g)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 12 ounces thinly sliced prime steak(350g)
- 8 ounces Velveeta Cheese (230g) cut into 12 log-shaped pieces
- 12 eggroll wrappers
- Fry onions in the olive oil and butter on Med low until caramel in color.
- Thinly slice the steak, add the onions and mix together.
- add 3-4 Tbsp. of the mixture to one end of the egg roll wrapper.
- Add a piece of cheese.
- Fold and roll the egg roll as demonstrated in the video.
- Deep fry the egg rolls for 4 minutes in a deep fryer or a skillet with about 1 inch of oil in it. Egg rolls should be a golden brown and crispy.
- Cut egg rolls on the diagonal, Serve with a ranch or blue cheese dressing.