Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins:
Imagine with me for a moment. It’s a bright, crisp fall day. The smell of freshly baked pumpkin cranberry muffins is wafting through the house. You have a cup of your favorite morning beverage and sit down to enjoy it with a couple of the still-warm muffins covered in melting butter. What a perfect start to your day. You enjoy the colors of fall outside your window as a feeling of satisfaction and well being settle over you. Today is going to be a really great day!
What Makes These Muffins Extra Delicious?
Pumpkin, cinnamon chips, and cranberries all combine to create this muffin, good enough to serve for a Fall brunch. If cranberries aren’t for you, substitute chopped dates for the dried cranberries. Either way, I bet you won’t be able to eat just one.
If you aren’t a morning person, make them the night before and warm them up in the microwave for 10 -12 seconds.
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins With Cinnamon Chips – Step By Step Instructions.
To make the muffins, start by separating the wet and dry ingredients into different bowls.
Mix the dry ingredients together. Wisk the wet ingredients together, making sure to beat the eggs.
Combine all the ingredients and fill the cupcake paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 of the way full.
Sprinkle on some sparking or non-melting sugar. (Click here) To order sparkling sugar or cinnamon chips. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
Now it’s time to get back to your earlier musing for real with a fresh warm pumpkin cranberry muffin covered with melted butter. YUM! For some more breakfast goodies, make my Fresh Apple Scones or Sticky Buns.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- muffin tins
- cupcake papers
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground cloves, ¼ tsp. ground ginger)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar packed, light or dark
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten with a fork
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree About ½ of a 15 ounce can
- 2 tbsp sparkling or non-melting sugar use sparkling or non-melting sugar for sprinkling on the top.
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries or chopped dates,
- To change the number of serving: hover over the number of servings, a slider will pop up. The slider can be adjusted up or down. This will automatically recalculate and adjust the amount of each ingredient for you.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the eggs, milk, melted butter to the pumpkin puree and whisk to mix.
- Add the pumpkin mixture, cinnamon chips and dried cranberries to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just moistened - there will be some lumps.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers and fill 2/3 full (need 18 papers).
- Sprinkle the tops with sparkling sugar.
- Bake 375 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes - tops should be brown and center set. (see notes)