Pumpkin Cupcake Sandwiches with cream cheese filling. Need I say more just the sound of this dessert sounds delicious. I decide to add a little extra flour to some pumpkin cupcake batter and bake little scoops of the batter like a cookie. These pumpkin cupcake cookies are delicious as a cookie or made into a sandwich. For some more fantastic pumpkin recipes, check out these Pumpkin Sticky Buns and Pumpkin cinnamon chip scones.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Lets Make the Pumpkin Cupcake Cookies First.
What ingredients do you need to gather together for the Cupcake cookies?
Pumpkin Puree: The pumpkin in these cupcakes is a solid pack pumpkin. Do Not purchase the pumpkin pie mix. The pie mix has extra spices and ingredients. If you are making your own, roast the pumpkin, remove the peels, and use the soft roasted meat. Mash the pumpkin or put the pumpkin in a blender. You want a smooth pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use two parts cinnamon, one part ground cloves, and one part ground nutmeg.
Dry Ingredients: include all-purpose flour, brown and white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Wet Ingredients: includes the pumpkin puree, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
What Do you Need for the Filling:
For the filling, you will need confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter, and cream cheese. This is essentially a cream cheese frosting that is piped into the middle of the sandwich.
Here is How to Make the Pumpkin Cupcake Sandwiches.
Make the Cake Batter:
Mix all of the dry ingredients. Set aside
Cream together the oil and sugar. Then add vanilla and eggs. Mix with a hand-held blender.
Add the flour in three separate additions and mix between each addition. Mix for a final minute once the flour is all incorporated.
Bake for 8-10minutes at 360-degrees F. I baked mine for 9 minutes. Let the pumpkin “cookies” cool before filling.
Make the Filling and Fill the Pumpkin Cupcake Sandwiches.
Mix all of the filling ingredients and place in a pastry bag with a large round tip attached.
Pipe the filling onto the bottom of one cupcake cookie and top with a second cupcake cookie.
Storing Pumpkin Cupcake Sandwiches.
Place sandwiches in an airtight container and refrigerate. Store the container in the fridge for one week. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply by name.
- Baking Sheet,
- 2 tbsp cookie scoop
- parchment paper
- Pastry bag with large round tip attached
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (360g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (213g)
- 1 cup white sugar(198g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup oil (263ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can solid-pack pumpkin puree(400g) 15 ounces
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners sugar (450g)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat Oven to 350°F
- Mix in a bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. (see notes)
- In a large separate bowl: add the brown sugar, white sugar, and oil. Mix with a hand mixer on with a stand mixer. Scrape the bowl.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin, mix in.
- Add the flour in 3 separate additions, mix between each addition. Then mix on medium for 1 minute.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°F
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream together with a hand mixer the sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and cream cheese.
- attach a large round decorating tip to a pastry bag.
- Pipe a layer of frosting on the bottom side of a cupcake cookie. Top with another cupcake cookie to form a sandwich.