Pumpkin Dream Bars are decadent chunks of crunchy, chocolaty, nutty goodness. This delicious bar is topped with coconut and drenched in pumpkin spice goodness. OH, WOW, is it yummy?
Now that we are both dreaming of eating a pumpkin spice dream bar, the reality of no dream bars is setting in. So let’s get cooking and make some together. Then we can put our feet up, pour a cup of coffee or tea, and enjoy one together in our imaginations. Hey, I just gave you a reason to try something new, so let’s get cooking.
Let’s Assemble the Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Dream Bars.
Here is what you need:
- Pumpkin puree. That is pure pumpkin cooked and mashed, nothing added. Don’t buy the pumpkin pie mix.
- Pumpkin spice – essential. Use the pumpkin pie spice.
- Biscoff cookies are crushed fine for the crust and held together with butter and sugar.
- The toppings are – chocolate chips, pecans, and flaked coconut.
- This pile of yum is topped with sweetened condensed milk mixed with the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice.
SIS (simple is smart) instructions for making these Pumpkin Spice Dream Bars.
- Crush the biscoff cookies and mix them with the melted butter and sugar. Press into a 9 X 9-inch baking pan.
- Add the layers: pecans, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes. I sometimes add crushed toffee bits for an extra layer of flavor.
- Mix together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Drizzle that all over the top.
- Bake, cook, and enjoy
That is the recipe in four simple steps. When they are done, cut a piece, get your cup of coffee or tea, kick back and savor the fruits of your labor.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- 9 X 9-inch baking pan
- 2 cups crushed biscoff cookies about 24 cookies
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped pecans
- ¾ cup dark or white chocolate chips
- 1½ cups toasted coconut flakes
- ¼ cup toffee bits (optional)
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (not the pie filling)
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Crush the cookies and add the sugar and melted butter.
- Press the cookies into the bottom of a 9 X 9-inch baking pan
- Add the coarsely chopped pecans. The chocolate chips, The optional toffee bits, and the coconut flakes.
- Mix together the sweetened condensed milk and the pumpkin puree.
- Drizzle the mixture over the top of the coconut layer.
- Bake the Pumpkin Dream Bars for 16 minutes in the oven or until the coconut is browned and the chocolate is melted.
- Cool and cut into Bars.