Peach Rhubarb Galette combines rhubarb’s tartness with peaches’ juicy sweetness in a puff pastry instead of the traditional pie crust. The result is a quick and easy handheld dessert or breakfast pasty.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
SIS(Simple is Smart) tip: This recipe uses instant clear gel as the thickner for the peach and rhubarb juice. I love this product. I instantly thickens either hot or cold liquid no heating required. I use it in pies, soups, gravies, and even some drinks. It is flavorless.
What do you need for the Peach Rhubarb Galette?
For the crust, you can make a recipe for puff pastry or purchase ready-made puff pastry. For this recipe, I purchased the puff pastry.
The filling is peaches, rhubarb, sugar, thicker (instant clear gel) salt, and cinnamon.
Let's make the Peach Rhubarb Galette:
Filling for the Peach Rhubarb Galette:
Peel and slice the peaches and dice the rhubarb into 1/2 inch pieces.
Add the clear-gel, cinnamon, and salt to the sugar. Mix well. then add the mixture to the peaches and rhubarb. The clear-gel thickens the liquid. This makes the galettes easy to fill. No runny juice going places it doesn’t belong.
Roll out the puff pastry into a 12 X 12-inch square and cut four circles either five or six inches across. Reroll the leftovers and make one more circle. Repeat with the other piece of dough.
Filling and Shaping the Peach Rhubarb Galettes:
Place a thin layer of egg wash on the top and bottom edge of the circle. Fold the sides of the circle up and over the filling to form a rectangle. Press the overlapping ends together to seal. Fold the top down and the bottom up over the filling. This creates a “rectangular box” of dough for the filling. Brush each galette with egg wash and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
Fill all of the ten circles. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a preheated oven at 375-degrees F for 30 – 35 minutes. Rotate once halfway through the baking process.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a mini scoop of ice cream.
Recrisp leftovers in the air fryer at 300-degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. After the recipe, the comment section is down at the end of the blog. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply by name.
- parchment baking paper
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 3 cups sliced fresh peaches(500g)
- 1 cup rhubarb cut into 1/2 inch pieces(120g)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp instant clear gel
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 sheets 1 recipe puff pastry rolled out to make two 10 X 10- inch sheets. (see note)
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- 2 tbsp sparkling sugar
- preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
Make the Filling
- Mix the sliced peaches and rhubarb in a mixing bowl.
- Add the clear gel, salt, and cinnamon to the sugar. Mix.
- Add the sugar mixture to the fruit and stir together. The clear gel thickens the mix so it isn't runny.
Assemble the Galette
- Roll out the first sheet of puff pastry to make a 10 X10 inch square. Cut the square into four 5-inch circles. Then roll the leftovers to make a rustic 5th circle.
- Place 1/3 of a cup of the mixture on the center of each circle.
- Whisk the egg white to make an egg wash.
- Put a thin layer of egg wash on the top and bottom edge of the circle.
- Fold the sides of the circle up over the filling to form a rectangle. Pressing the overlapping end together to seal. (watch the video for the techique)
- Fold the top down and bottom up over the filling. This encloses the filling into a mini triangle. Seal the corners with egg wash to keep the galette from opening up during the baking process.
- Brush each galette with egg wash and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Repeat with the other pastry sheet for a total of ten galettes.
- Bake the galette's on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 375°C for 30 - 35 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through baking.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Store loosely covered at room temp for 2-3 days, freeze for up to2 months. Re-crisp in 300°F (150°C) oven for 10 minutes.