Toasted Naan with Avocado and Egg Sandwich is a perfect way to use leftover Homemade Naan. If you had a chance to make the Naan from yesterday’s recipe I hope there was some left over. You didn’t have any leftover? No surprise I guess you may have to make another batch to use for this weeks recipes. Oh Darn!!! No time to make more? Go ahead and purchase some. It won’t be as good as homemade but will still be tasty when used in this recipe.
The ingredient list is concise for Homemade Naan with Avocado and Egg. However, I use a surprise ingredient to add an extra bit of goodness and protein to this recipe. The ingredients are:
Naan (I use 1/2 of a piece)
Hummus (plain or any savory flavor)
1/2 of a sliced Avocado
1 Hard Boiled Egg (sliced)
Everything Bagel seasoning and topping.
Your appetite and sense of culinary adventure.
- Start with 1/2 of a piece of toasted Naan.
- Spread with the Hummus. My favorite is Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
- Top with the sliced avocado.
- Top the avocado with a sliced hard boiled egg.
- Top everything with a generous sprinkling of Bagel everything seasoning and some Salt to taste.
I challenge you to eat just one half. This sandwich is filling I will give you that. However, it is so delicious you may find yourself gazing longingly at the other half as you decide whether you still have enough room for another piece.
- ½ piece of homemade Naan bread
- ½ avocado sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg sliced
- 1 tbsp. Hummus
- ½ tsp. bagel everything topping
- Spread 1/2 of a piece of Toasted Homemade Naan with the Hummus.
- Add 1/2 of sliced avocado.
- Top with one sliced hard-boiled egg.
- Sprinkle with bagel everything topping and salt to taste.