Tri-Color Pasta Primavera – Sheet Pan is a quick, easy, delicious, and healthy meal. The tri-color pasta is cooked while the vegetables are roasted on a sheet pan in the oven. The total time is less than 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Tri-Color Pasta Primavera - Sheet Pan Method.
Assemble the ingredients for the Tri-Color Pasta Primavera
I love this dish. It shouts; Yay looks at me. I am all about spring. I’m bright, I’m fresh, I’m vibrant with color, and I’m healthy and delicious; what’s not to love about this dish. If you have a keto lover in the house, you can still make this dish. Because it can stand on its own without the Pasta, use fresh, not frozen vegetables. Sugar pod peas, red bell peppers, asparagus, sweet onions, garlic, and cheese.
Purchase or make the pasta. I love homemade pasta and make a big batch of it as it does take some time to make. Make sure the pasta is dry and store it in an airtight container for months. The pasta shown here is Homemade Tri-Color Pasta. The colors of the pasta are from Spinach, Tomatoes not carrots for the orange color and Beets. Click here for the link to the recipe and how to make it.
Cook the Pasta and Roast the Vegetables for Tri-Color Pasta Primavera.
The roasted vegetables are so easy to make with a parchment-covered sheet pan in the oven. Cut up asparagus, peppers, and onions. Toss them with some melted butter, grated parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste—roast at 450-degrees F for about 10 minutes.
While the veggies are roasting, cook and drain the pasta. Save about 1/4 of a cup of the liquid. I like to add the reserved hot liquid to 1/4 of a cup of heavy cream and put about 2 tablespoons of the mixture over the hot pasta before adding the roasted vegetables. Add additional cheese and serve with a thick slice of a Homemade Baguette.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- sheet pan and parchment paper
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 1 cup Raw Asparagus spears cut into 1-inch sections (150g)
- 2 cups Sugar Pod Peas (150g)
- 1 cup thinly sliced Red Bell Pepper (150g)
- 1 cup thinly sliced Sweet Onions (90g)
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (84g) split into 2 equal amounts.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp melted Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional but delicious 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (see notes)
- Make a batch of homemade tri-color pasta ahead of time. (click here for how-to and the recipe) This recipe makes beautiful and delicious tomato, spinach, and beet pasta. Optional is to purchase the Pasta. You will need 1 lb of pasta total.
Sheet pan Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Prep cut up the asparagus, bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
- Mix all of the vegetables together.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and melted butter. Toss to coat. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Spread the vegetables out on a sheet pan with a piece of parchment on it.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese on top.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, stir 1/2 way through roasting.
- While the vegetables are roasting cook the pasta to al-dente in boiling salted water, Drain and split into 4 individual pasta bowls. Reserve 1/2 cup of the hot pasta water and add 2 tbsp to the top of the pasta in each bowl. ( this helps the pasta not stick together)
- Top the pasta with the vegetables and sprinkle 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese on top of each serving.Serve immediately