Tropical Salsa – loaded with fresh, bright, healthy tropical ingredients; clean vegan eating at it’s best. Take a bite; don’t be surprised if the flavors transport you to an exotic island.
What Tropical Fruits Make-up This Salsa?
I love making a tropical salsa. It has a healthy, bright, and clean taste. It is easy to mix up the ingredients, depending on what you have available. Mangos, pineapple, jalapenos, cucumbers, scallions, lime juice, and cilantro are the basic ingredients. After that, it is time to get creative with watermelon, papaya, star fruit, and kiwi. You will need to increase the amount of lime and cilantro when you add the optional ingredients.
HOW TO CUT UP A MANGO LIKE THIS!
How to Make the Tropical Salsa:
The hardest part of making this salsa, is not eating all of the delicious ingredients before the salsa is finished. Just try to not snack on the fresh mangos and pineapple in this salsa. When you don’t have fresh pineapple, which is preferred, use canned pineapple for this recipe. The pineapple I purchased wasn’t ripe, and all of the rest of the ingredients were at their peak; ready for the salsa bowl. So I used canned pineapple instead. All right go ahead and snack, just leave enough for the tropical salsa.
Here are the steps:
- Chop or dice up all of the ingredients and mix them together in a bowl.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the salsa and stir to mix.
- Season with salt and let the salsa rest in the fridge to help the flavors meld and blend together. Rest the salsa a minimum of 30 minutes. 2-3 hours rest time is better.
- Serve with your favorite chips or with a Blackened Tuna Steak.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- ½ cup diced cucumbers
- 1 cup mango
- ½ cup diced pineapple
- ½ cup diced peaches
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp Scallions or red onion
- 1-2 diced jalapeño peppers
- 3 Tbsp. Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Let salsa rest for at least 30 minutes to let all of the flavors blend.
- Serve with chips or as a side to fish.