Unicorn Bark is a piece of white chocolate or vanilla candy with bright swirls and sparkles. It is easy and fun to make.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
What do you need to make this very “cool” bark.
This Unicorn bark is super easy and if you want to use me SIS (simple is smart) method you will only need two major ingredients. That’s right super simple. Are you ready? The two simple ingredients are candy melts and unicorn sprinkles. That’s it. I add a little vegetable shortening to help them melt smoother.
Here is the scoop on creating these lovely Unicorn swirls of pink an blue unicorn bark.
Candy Melts. You can purchase the colored candy melts or you can custom color white candy melts or white chocolate. If you decide to color white chocolate or the white candy melts, you will want to make sure you use a food coloring that says, “for candy” on it. It is oil based instead of the water based food colorings. The water based ones will cause your chocolate to “seize” up and it will be ruined. Toss it out and start over.
Let’s Make the Unicorn Bark.
- Measure out 1 cup of candy melts for each color; blue, pink, and white.
- Add 2 tsp of vegetable shortening to each cup of candy melts.
- Melt in the microwave and the form three 4-6 inch puddles of each color of the candy melts.
- Put the rest of the melted candy in a squeeze decorating bottle and swirl the colors on top of the candy puddle.
- Drag a swizzle stick end or toothpick through the swirls to form the pretty mixed swirls on top of the puddle.
- Add the Unicorn sprinkles and let your Unicorn Bark harden. Once it is hardened cut into 6 or 8 triangles.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- parchment paper
- 3 decorating squeeze bottles
- 1 cup each white, pink, and blue candy melts
- 2 tsp Crisco shortening
- Unicorn Sprinkles
- Add one cup of white candy melts, one cup of hot pink candy melts, and one cup of blue candy melts in 3 separate microwave-safe bowls.
- Add 2 tsp of Crisco Shortening to each bowl.
- Microwave each bowl separately until the candy is melted and smooth. Microwave in 30-second intervals, Stir after each 30 seconds.
- Carefully pour each bowl of melted candy mels into a squeeze decorating bottle.
- On a piece of parchment create a "puddle" of melted candy with one color.
- Swirl the second and the 3rd color on top of the puddle. (see picture)
- Drag a toothpick or end of a rock candy twizzle stick through the melted candy to form the design.
- Add Sprinkles and Let harden.
- Cut into triangles and serve at your next Unicorn themed party.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.