Unicorn Heart Candies are a great way to show how magical and special they are this Valentines’ day.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Unicorn Heart Candies have a delicious surprise in the center. A chocolate sandwich cookie is tucked in the middle for extra flavor and as a delightful and unexpected surprise. (it also saves on the amount of chocolate you will have to use)
Let’s Make the Unicorn Heart Candies.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave or on top of the stove.
- Put some candy in the bottom of each heart mold.
- Add a chocolate sandwich cookie and fill the well with more candy melts until the cookie is covered.
- Chill the candy for 2 hours or overnight.
- Unmold and decorate the heart.
- Draw the eye’s on with a black candy marker. Add the horn and sprinkles. The ears are a mini marshmallow cut on the diagonal. Attach the horn and ears with a little melted chocolate.
To decorate the candies. Attach all of the decorations to the heart with melted candy melts. I use the sprinkle pops found on amazon. Sprinkle Pop makes a unicorn mix that has a little wafer-thin unicorn that is adorable.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- Silicone Heart Molds
- Unicorn Horn Mold
- Candy Markers edible ink
- 12 oz. bag White chocolate candy melts (340g)
- 12 oz. bag Pink candy melts (340g)
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies
- sprinkles for decorations
Make the hearts
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave or in a double boiler until completely melted.
- Add a layer of melted chocolate to the bottom of the heart silicone mold.
- Add a chocolate sandwich cookie.
- Top with enough melted chocolate to completely cover the sandwich cookie.
- Chill the hearts in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight,
Decorate the Hearts to look like unicorns
- Unmold the hearts and attach a horn to each heart with some melted chocolate.
- Add sprinkles to the base of the horn.
- Use a black candy marker to draw on the eyes and a red candy marker to make the pink cheeks. I added a little red color to the tip of my finger and then smudged it on the cheeks.
- Share with the unicorn lover in your life.