Unicorn Popcorn will delight kids of all ages. It is easy to make, delicious, and fun to eat. Popcorn is a fun addition to your next unicorn-themed party.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
What do I need to Make Unicorn Popcorn?
This is another of my SIS (simple is smart recipes) for kids. This recipe is so easy to make, most kids will be able to make it with minimal supervision.
Make the Unicorn Popcorn:
- Pop the 2 bags of microwave popcorn and remove all of the kernels that didn’t pop.
- Melt the white candy melts and pour over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn to coat the popcorn with the white candy.
- Spread the candy out on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Melt the blue and pink candy melts in the microwave and then drizzle the popcorn with the melted pink and blue candy. Top with a generous amount of Unicorn sprinkles. I use Sprinkel Pop sprinkles.
Pop on over to my social media sites, where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. The comment section is down at the end of the blog, after the recipe. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment, and I will reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- baking parchment paper
- Cookie baking pan
- 2 bags Microwave popcorn
- 1 cup white candy melts (170g)
- ½ cup bright blue candy melts(85g)
- ½ cup Hot Pink candy melts (85g)
- 2 tsp vegetable shortening
- pink and blue sprinkles
- Pop the two bags of popcorn in the microwave. Remove all of the unpopped kernels. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vegetable shortening to the blue and pink candy melts. Add 1 tsp to the white candy melts.
- Melt the white candy melts in the microwave and pour over the popcorn. Toss to mix and coat the popcorn. (see notes for how to melt)
- Spread the candy-coated popcorn on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Melt the blue and pink candy melts in the microwave.
- Drizzle each color over the popcorn. Add the sprinkles before the candy dries. Let the candy firm up. Wait to serve the popcorn until the popcorn can be handled without any candy sticking to your fingers. Serve and enjoy your Unicorn Popcorn.
- Use white chocolate in place of the candy melts. The candy melts have artificial flavors.
- To color the white chocolate, use natural powdered food-based colors. (click here) for a link to purchase Jelife color. Remember, you have to use a color that works in an oil or candy base. The only colors I've found that work with candy are powders. Please don't purchase a powder that requires you to mix it in water before using it.
- Use sprinkles that are free of food dyes. Supernatural makes a variety of sprinkles that are free of food dyes. (click here to purchase)