Unicorn Rice Krispie Treats are a simple and fun Rice Krispie dessert. My granddaughter adores unicorns and all things unicorn. She also loves to cook and bake. Doctor Grammy love to create simple and fun recipes that she can make with a little help from mom. This is one of those recipes.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
What supplies do you need for Unicorn Rice Krispie treats?
In addition to the Rice Krispies and marshmallows, you will need a few additional supplies. Here is the list with links:
- Mold for the HORN
- Unicorn SPRINKLES
- White CANDY MELTS or white chocolate chips.
- GOLD EDIBLE INK to color the unicorn horn.
- BLACK decorating icing.
- Pastry bag with a FINE TIP or a piece of parchment paper.
- UNICORN COOKIE CUTTER
- Pink and Purple food coloring.
Let’s Make Unicorn Rice Krispie Treats.
Measure out 3 cups of Rice Krispies and set aside. In a large bowl, melt 1 1/2 Tbsp of butter. Add 20 large marshmallows or 2 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir to coat the marshmallows with butter—microwave 60 to 90 seconds to melt the marshmallows until they are puffy. Then add 3 drops of pink and 2 drops of purple food coloring. Swirl the food coloring in to create your unicorn marshmallows. Add the 3 cups of Rice Krispies and stir to mix. Once the Rice Krispies are coated with the Unicorn marshmallows, press the mixture into an 8 1/2 X 11-inch baking pan and chill for 1 hour. Remove the treats and cut them into unicorns.
Decorate the Unicorns:
- Make the horns: Use the white candy melts and the horn mold. White chocolate chips will also work. Add a little vegetable shortening (1tsp/1/2 cup chips). Melt the candy melts in the microwave and fill the horn. Let the melts harden, then unmold and color the horn gold.
- Make the ears by cutting a mini marshmallow on the diagonal.
- Attach the horn, ears, and sprinkles, as pictured using the melted candy, melts as “glue.”
- Draw on the eyes with the black decorating icing.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- Mold for Unicorn horns
- gold edible ink pen
- Unicorn Sprinkles
- White Candy melts or white chocolate chips
- pink and purple food coloring
- Unicorn Cookie Cutters
- 3 cups rice Krispies(100g)
- 20 large Marshmallows
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 3 drops pink food coloring
- 2 drops purple food coloring
- 8-10 white candy melts
- Unicorn sprinkles
- Unicorn horns made from the candy melts
- 1 tbsp black frosting for the eyes
- Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl
- Add the marshmallows and melt in the microwave until puffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the food coloring to the melted marshmallows and stir to swirl in.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir to coat with the marshmallow.
- Press the Rice Krispies into an 8½ X 11-inch baking pan. Chill for 1 hour
- Remove the Rice Krispie treats from the pan and cut out the Unicorns with the cookie cutter.
- Decorate the unicorn by making a white chocolate horn and color it gold.
- Use a mini marshmallow cut in half on the diagonal for the ears
- decorate the base of the horn with pink and purple Sprinkels
- Draw the eyes on the face with black frosting using a fine tip on a piping bag.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Masked Monster Cookies - Easy for Kid - Grow with Doctor Jo