Vegan Vegetable Noodle Soup loaded with nutrition and immune-boosting ingredients. Onion, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, red peppers, and carrots. Perfect if you’re feeling under the weather. Easy to digest and sooo comforting.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Why Make Vegan Vegetable Noodle Soup?
When I hear vegan vegetable Noodle soup, I think comfort food. This warm, nourishing broth soothes and settles that queasiness in the belly. Something my mom always made when I was sick. Somehow it still manages to make me feel loved and better.
This is the perfect recipe for when you’re home with a nasty virus. Maybe you don’t feel like eating, but know you need, “a little something.” Something easy to digest, something that is warm, nutritious, and will help your body fight off whatever it is that ails it.
I get it that the last thing you want to do is cook for yourself when you’re sick. That’s why this recipe is so perfect. You make it ahead and freeze it! Now, when you’re sick, just pull out a container and warm it up in the microwave and ladle it over some noodles (or rice). Instant comfort, nutrition, and love in a bowl. I bet you’re feeling better, just thinking about it.
What Makes This Vegan Vegetable Noodle Soup so Nutritious and good for you?
Onions: studies have shown that onions have anti-inflammatory properties that are important in combating respiratory infections. They are also high in Vitamin C and contain the antioxidant quercetin.
Garlic: has been used for hundreds of years to fight respiratory infections. It contains the compound allicin, which has potent antiviral and antibacterial activity. Studies have shown that it promotes overall immune health.
Red Peppers: A single red pepper contains more than 200% of your RDA of vitamin C. They have folate and Vitamin B6 and are packed with antioxidants.
Shiitake Mushroom Powder: Umami powder (click here to purchase), contains a chemical called beta-glucans. That stimulates the immune system and is also a powerful antioxidant. In addition to all the nutrition in this powder, it is a must-have for vegan cooking. It takes the flavor from ho-hum to WOW!!
Carrots and Celery: Celery contains apigenin. An anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant agent. Carrots have Vitamin B6 and Folate along with antioxidants.
Pop on over to my social media sites where you’ll find exclusive Doctor Jo’s pictures of what’s new in my gardens. Also, what new recipes I’m creating in my kitchen. I love your comments. So let me know what you think in the Leave a Reply section at the end of this blog. Please leave your first name at the end of your comment so I can reply to you by name.
- This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
- 6 quart kettle
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 quarts Vegetable Stock homemade is best. Use low sodium if purchased.
- 1 cup onions fine diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup celery diced -1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces depending on preference.
- 1 cup red bell peppers chopped 1/4 pieces
- 2 tbsp Umami Powder (Shiitake Mushroom Powder) optional flavor enhancer (very good)
- 2 cups noodles egg free and pre-cooked
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup kale Finely Diced
- To adjust the portions, click on the number of serving, and a slider will pop up. Adjusting the slider up or down will automatically calculate the amount needed for each ingredient.
- Saute the onions, garlic, and celery in the vegetable oil. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- To a 6 quart kettle, add the Vegetable Stock, sauteed onions, celery, and garlic. Add the diced red bell peppers and carrots. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the Umami powder, and adjust the salt to taste. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Precook the noodles in boiling water until al-dente,
- Put ½ cup of noodles in each serving bowl and add 1 cup of the soup.
- Garnish with 2 tsp. finely chopped Kale and serve.